new kid in western montana

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
parker72001

new kid in western montana

Post by parker72001 »

:shock: wow, okay, let's see if i do this right, i've tried to start topics already and it hasn't seemed to work, anyway i'm new to this site and new to riding also, i'm only seventeen and the first time i was on a bike was last year, i went trail riding once on my mom's yamaha TW 200 and was hooked, i was looking for a bike shortly after, for a cheap trail bike the only was that looked good were the kdx's and the yamaha tt-r250 but my stepdad already had one of those, so i got a kdx 220, its a pretty big bike for a beginner but all has went well, i recommend getting a 2 stroke for a first bike and just tough it out, it will pay off in the long run. That's about all, i hope this works :prayer:
Parker Woods, 20 years old,
'04 KDX 220R
parker72001

Post by parker72001 »

oh man, i am an idiot, i was just hitting add instead of submit, got it figured out, awesome :supz:
Parker Woods, 20 years old,
'04 KDX 220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Don't worry Parker...we will take it easy on ya for a while! :lol:

Welcome to the site!

Indawoods :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Welcome Parker,

It's good to have some young blood on the site. Most of us are old farts that got back into riding after having kids and making money. There's a lot of good info here, so read up on some of the older posts.

Enjoy,
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Welcome. Just remember if you hang around here long enough you WILL learn stuff, and lots of it, well I have anyway. Just don't be afraid to ask questions even if they sound silly they will be answered honestly. :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

KayDee: How long is 'long enough'?

I'm just wondering......I'd like to start learnin' stuff...even lots of it! I've been around for awhile...................

Welcome parker! I want to hear all about the riding in your whereabouts. I've thought for a long time that Hamilton would be a great place to be. That's kind'a the banana belt part of Montana, ain't it? Kin you see the Sawtooths from your front door?

..don't imagine there's any riding going on THERE though.

The KDX is a pretty terrific woods bike...as long as you don't try to turn it into some kind'a supercrosser...it will serve you very well!

Have fun!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Welcome Parker. Man, I wish I was 17 again and owned a KDX220. And you live in Montana on top of it! I'm green with envy. :mrgreen:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the site. There's plenty to read, and if you don't see what you are looking for, just ask. We'll have an answer. Sometimes it will even be correct! :grin:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

canyncarvr wrote:KayDee: How long is 'long enough'?

I'm just wondering......I'd like to start learnin' stuff...even lots of it! I've been around for awhile...................

Your one of the ol' wise men so your not included. :razz: Your already smart enuf... :wink:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Now THAT'S funny!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome parker. Have fun with the KDX and don't forget to tear it down and grease it up completely if you haven't already.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E