new to this site

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

new to this site

Post by canamfan »

New member not new to kawasakiI've had several kxs bought a new 125 in 83 & 87 when i used to ride mx and a few hare scrambles decided to get back in hare scrambles this year. I went to one w/ my 83 can-am ase and all I saw was orange (KTM) every where the ktm guys think there bikes are way ahead of the kdx's I know they haven't made kdx's for a few years but I'm going to get one to ride hare scrambles on and trail ride. I see on this site there are lot's of options to upgrade your kdx. I've always liked kawasaki, I also checked into some engine parts for kdx vs ktm and the ktm is about twice as high on parts from the dealer as kawasaki. So I look forward to getting one. I'm in mid western Mo. maybe I'll see some of you on the trail or hare scrambles. Steve
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

You will be happy with the KDX. They are great bikes that hold up very well. As far as being out dated, that may be true. The last year was 06 and that was basically the same bike as a 95 so you are starting out with 16 year old technology that wasn't state of the art even then. But that being said they are great in the woods and with a good rider will keep up with a much newer and larger bike in the woods.

Welcome aboard!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
rbates9 wrote:you are starting out with 16 year old technology that wasn't state of the art even then.
Probably why this bike is so reliable and still around :supz:
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote:>|<>QBB<
rbates9 wrote:you are starting out with 16 year old technology that wasn't state of the art even then.
Probably why this bike is so reliable and still around :supz:
I didn't meen that as a bad thing at all! :supz:
plotski

Post by plotski »

Sweet! you will be just fine with a KDX...I race Hare scrambles and enduros in MN and one of the greatest pleasures in my life is smoking all of the "new" ktm's that show up(i like to call em clown bikes...cause any clown with a checkbook can buy one) Last summer I took home a fourth place trophy in my first ever national hare scramble...on a 1993 KDX250...so I wouldnt worry too much about being behind the curve technology wise! I just bought a new bike myself....a 1997 KDX220 and its pretty cool that the really never changed them much...parts are plentiful and the bike rides very very well in the woods!! Get a KDX and bring it to the national enduro in Michigan this summer.....I will ride with ya!! :supz:
Wherever you go......there you are

1993 KDX250
1997 KDX220 Street Legal !!