'95 KDX in North Carolina

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
jad628
Supporting Member

'95 KDX in North Carolina

Post by jad628 »

My 10 year old son was given a Yamaha PW80 for Christmas 2010, and it only took that day to realize I really wanted to end my 27 year dirt bike drought. By Dec 29th, I had located and purchased a very used 1995 KDX from about eighty miles away. Paid cash, took it home in the truck. Mechanically in good shape, but most plastics look rough. It had to be fate to buy it because the previous owner had the same last name as me (no relation) and the VIN number starts with my first initial and follows my name so closely it is eerie.

One day of riding with my son on our family's land, and I know this decision is a good thing. No amount of money can pay for that kind of enjoyment. Priceless. Even my 14 year old daughter likes to ride the smaller bike. I'm in the process of improving the KDX with better parts as well. This site has already been very useful for me. I know I'll be here a lot.

My bio is boring. Born and raised within 1/4 mile of where I currently live. Spent some time in the Army with the 101st, but left to become a cop in 1986. Retiring in less than two years, then on to something different. I hope to be able to ride for many years to come.
ez

Post by ez »

Well hello neighbor.I live in Landis Got a kdx200 and an 11 yo with a yz85..Barry
jumping is no problem however landing is another story
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

>|<>QBB<
ez wrote:Well hello neighbor.I live in Landis Got a kdx200 and an 11 yo with a yz85..Barry
Ha! Went right by you to pick it up (High Point area).
sped66
Supporting Member

Post by sped66 »

I occasionally venture into NC. Been to Uwharrie a few times & plan to test the riding at Brushy this year. Maybe we'll meet up at one of those places someday. :cool:
Congrats on your return to dirt. I know just how you feel about now.
In the stable: '00 KDX220R, '02 XR250R
Gone but not forgotten: '80 XR80, '87 XR200R, '94 KDX250, '01 YZ426F, '86 XR220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You are right... can't put a price on it.... Welcome to the site! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

Thanks guys!

Image[/img]
Last edited by jad628 on 03:30 pm Jan 15 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Howdy neighbor :). Good to see you here. I'm up around Boone, riding a 1989 KDX200.
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

>|<>QBB<
juliend wrote:Howdy neighbor :). Good to see you here. I'm up around Boone, riding a 1989 KDX200.
Howdy right back. I love the Boone area. Maybe when I retire!
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

>|QBB<[/url]
jad628 wrote:Thanks guys!

Image[/img]
Welcome! Looks like that bike came from a long legged feller. Are those four wheeler handle bars?
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

>|<>QBB<
rbates9 wrote:>|<>QBB<
jad628 wrote:Thanks guys!

]
Welcome! Looks like that bike came from a long legged feller. Are those four wheeler handle bars?
The kid who had it was close to my height, 6'3". The seat is extremely high as well. Not sure who makes the handlebars...I've got nothing to compare them to.
Last edited by jad628 on 02:58 am Jan 17 2011, edited 1 time in total.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Welcome to the site!
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

Added a FMF Gnarly Woods pipe, Turbine Core 2 SA, a used UFO headlight assembly, front fender, MX rear fender, shrouds, bark busters, and new UFO side panels. New Uni filter, brake pads, a few other parts, and still have to mount the new Michelin front, but this is how it looks now:

Last edited by jad628 on 12:45 pm Jan 25 2011, edited 2 times in total.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That seat looks soooooo comfy! :razz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:That seat looks soooooo comfy! :razz:
It actually is. The material is a bit weird. Sort of like the old metallic paints on hot rods, but I like the way it sits.
G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by G22inSC »

I am right there with you. My oldest son just received a PW50 for Christmas and has an absolute blast every time he rides. My drawback is I'm down with an ACL and tibial plateau fracture so I can't ride with him right now. Can't wait to get back on the bike and back to work.

I've been to a couple LE classes in your neck of the woods over in Huntersville. Nice area except for the horrible traffic at certain points in the day. Always enjoyed visiting the area.

Pic of the two bikes on Christmas Eve. Have not taken any better pics as of yet. He has to "park" his bike by dad's bike.

'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
jad628
Supporting Member

Post by jad628 »

>|QBB<[/url]
G22inSC wrote:I am right there with you. My oldest son just received a PW50 for Christmas and has an absolute blast every time he rides. My drawback is I'm down with an ACL and tibial plateau fracture so I can't ride with him right now. Can't wait to get back on the bike and back to work.

I've been to a couple LE classes in your neck of the woods over in Huntersville. Nice area except for the horrible traffic at certain points in the day. Always enjoyed visiting the area.

Pic of the two bikes on Christmas Eve. Have not taken any better pics as of yet. He has to "park" his bike by dad's bike.

Small world! I'm a LEO myself and we live not too far from Verhoeff (where I believe you attended the classes). I'm third generation on family land and it looks like our kids will be the last. The traffic you mentioned is very much ruining our area.

Sorry about your injuries, but when you're healed enough to ride I'm sure you'll smile as much as I do. I just acquired a Go Pro Helmet Hero (non-HD) to record some of our rides. It won't be break-neck awesome stuff, but it'll be great to keep for future years.

Take care.