Greetings

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Mordy

Greetings

Post by Mordy »

Hi there. My name is Rogan hailing from sunny South Africa.

Acquired a KDX200 2006 ripper earlier this year and have done a few out-rides, really enjoying the bike.

Recently had some bad luck with the bike, the clutch lever fell off so I had to order an OEM one from kawa and replace it.

I got a bunch of parts with the bike - o-ring chain, front and rear sprockets and then I bought a new clutch kit and took it in to be fitted and just have the bike mechanics do an inspection.

After all that was fitted turns out there is a weird issue with the gearbox, they suspect the shaft selector or drum (not really sure) might be damaged :sad:

Anyway I'll have the bike back soon and then I will do a few more upgrades and hopefully be hitting the trails next weekend!!

This forum is very useful and I am very glad I found it. To future adventures! :supz:

Rogan
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Greetings

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net.

Hopefully, it is something small.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Greetings

Post by SS109 »

Welcome! The KDX transmission is pretty tough so I would suspect it's something small.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome, and good luck with the motor. How is parts availability in South Africa? Love to see some photos from your favorite ride areas.
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

Thanks Guys.

@SS109 Seems the selector spring is broken, hopefully I can source one soon.

@bufftester I will get some pics together and upload them. Most OEM parts are available from kawasaki at more or less the same rates in the US/EU etc. The selector spring is going to take a while to get here (has to be imported) so I am trying to source one locally. You can get most parts and we have local retailers that can sort stuff like carbs, top/low end kits and clutch kits so not too bad on parts availability.

Cheers!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Mordy wrote:@SS109 Seems the selector spring is broken, hopefully I can source one soon.
Same thing happened to me once. Glad it is a simple fix.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

Yep, luckily. I trawled the web this evening and found someone selling off parts from a 99 kdx200, sent him the diagrams and asked if he has those springs (asked for both just in case) and he has them :supz: So will sort that tomorrow and hopefully be ready for the weekend!