First Race In 18 Yrs

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
Dave B
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

First Race In 18 Yrs

Post by Dave B »

Raced my first race in 18yrs today. Did a lot of Atv and motocross racing in the past and decided to enter a XC today with the trusty KDX 220 in the Vet A class. Since the season is just about over and I didn't want to mess with anyone gunning for series points I decided I would let everyone get the jump on me for the start. This is not a huge class with only 13 riders, I entered the first corner in 9 or 10th, I get on it and after corner 2 and a couple jumps later I find myself in the lead....NOT where I wanted to be....what the hell, go for it. The excitement of being in first and running hard for the first couple laps really drained me....not good for a 2hr race. As the track got rougher the stock KDX suspension (yes stock, i'm 165lbs) beat the **** out of me. Hands got sore, went numb....shouldered a tree pretty hard and smarter minds prevailed, I backed it down a few notches (more like all the notches). Ended up in 11th. I'm sure it was a site to see the KDX running in first for the most part of the first lap and top 6 at the 1hr mark ahead of the new Ktm's, Husky's and the likes!
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: First Race In 18 Yrs

Post by doakley »

Who Hoo! Love it when the KDX reasserts itself ! Congratulations, I'm betting you're hooked on racing again. Now you can start spending money on your suspension and have the pleasure of watching faces as you lead at the finish line too!
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

First Race In 18 Yrs

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Dang 18 years off and straight into "A" class..... good job!! :supz: :bravo: Glad to hear you had a good time and the KDX did you well.... keep at it! :grin: