Stranges Ranch H/S 8/27... pics, and a KDX holeshot!

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Well I had race #7 for me this past weekend at Stranges Ranch in Laurens, SC with Mideast Harescramble..... finally had a break from the crazy heat and humidity that we've had lately, so that was certainly nice! Met up with Doug (doakley from here on the forum) Saturday night and we camped out, then Dougs buddy Travis came Sunday morning with his KX-450. Didn't meet up with them but also a couple other KDX guys came as well.... Mike, who Doug and I saw at the Pea Ridge race a couple months back, and his brother, who also now has a KDX after Mike let him ride his bike, hahah :lol: So there was at least 4 of us out there

Anyways.... Doug and I getting ready to head out. Didn't get any video of this one..... right as I was putting my helmet on I felt something flopping around. Reach up and my camera mount is just barely hanging on.... about to fall off. Luckily noticed it here and not out on the trail after losing my camera, lol. So camera had to stay behind this time

I kinda figured it was gonna be dry and dusty, but after watching the first few rows take off, I saw it was gonna be reeelllllllyyy dry and dusty! LOL

Doug was running a different class than I was, and starting a good ways ahead of me. So he asked me if I could get a video of the start.... "not a problem!". It was a small class.... the 3rd guy was invisible, never saw him lined up or take off, but they called his name an he shows lap times on the scoring, lol.... who knows. But yea.... team KDX for the holeshot! :supz:

[youtube][/youtube]

The #204 is other KDX dude Mike on his 220, and then right next to him is our buddy Travis on the KX-450 #688. The dust.... was insaaannneee. Soooo dry, and all that fine, soft silty, baby powder kinda dirt. Almost like riding in sand.... with more dust, lol

Yours truly..... just trying to stay out away from everybody and out of the dust, lol. And trying to figure out how to ride in this soft slippery sandy stuff, hahah. I'm used to rocks, roots, hills, and gnarly stuff

It wasn't just the field sections that were dusty.... the whole woods were dry and dusty too, with the same type of fine soil. I pretty much just went at trail ride pace..... you just couldn't see a damn thing

Mike again

And his brother

Travis in front with Mike right there behind

And Doug

Ended up getting 3 laps in.... didn't finish great, but I finished and didn't slam a tree that I couldn't see, so that was good at least, lol. Ended up 17th of 20 in C Sportsman, and 132 overall of 150

Air filter goodness, lol..... this was fresh and clean on Saturday..... only this one 2 hour/27 mile ride on it, hahah

I'm anal about air filters..... soon as I got home, nice and clean again, lol

Then I gave the rest of her a bath and rode her to work on Monday, LOL :lol:

That's all for this one..... had a great time and track was fun as hell, just crazy dusty and couldn't see. Still enjoyed it though. I definitely need to work on standing up more. Now myself, Doug, Travis, and his brother Kyle are off to the Little Brown Jug Enduro this weekend. Mike and his brother may be there as well. Should be a good time.... will be my first enduro!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

:supz: With the dust you now know what us desert racers deal with! :mrgreen:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

SS109 wrote::supz: With the dust you now know what us desert racers deal with! :mrgreen:
Hahah no doubt! Man I feel for you guys out there.... That stuff is rough! I can usually ride pretty much anything, but if I can't see, I'm lost, lol
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Stranges Ranch H/S 8/27... pics, and a KDX holeshot!

Post by KDXGarage »

WOW, lots of dust. Congratulations on keeping at it. :bravo:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

It was a great course. If there were more than 1 person in front of you though you couldn't see, even in the woods.
lucy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by lucy »

At least you beat Debbie!

Thanks for the narrative and pics. My 220 is sitting in the garage waitin' fer piston and RB head(gotta' take it off to send it).

Keep 'em comin'

L