My First Race On My KDX200

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
KDX Rippa #36

Post by KDX Rippa #36 »

First race! I did pretty bad I got 21st out of 28 racers on the first moto and 24th out of 25 racers on the second moto lol but still had a great time and I am still hoping to become the points leader for this season. Btw I raced in C light

KDX Rippa #36

Post by KDX Rippa #36 »

[youtube][/youtube]
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: My First Race On My KDX200

Post by bufftester »

Not bad results for a first race as a new, young rider. Keep riding and you'll only get faster!
patreilly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by patreilly »

Hey, You finished! You didn't break and neither did the bike. If it was an enduro, I doubt you could say that in your 1st event. Keep at it.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Congrats! You looked great to me, especially for a first race. Keep it up!
KDX Rippa #36

Post by KDX Rippa #36 »

bufftester wrote:Not bad results for a first race as a new, young rider. Keep riding and you'll only get faster!
Thanks man
KDX Rippa #36

Post by KDX Rippa #36 »

patreilly wrote:Hey, You finished! You didn't break and neither did the bike. If it was an enduro, I doubt you could say that in your 1st event. Keep at it.
Yea it was fun I almost broke my back fender though when A guy at the end of the youtube video ran into me with his kdx200 lol
KDX Rippa #36

Post by KDX Rippa #36 »

doakley wrote:Congrats! You looked great to me, especially for a first race. Keep it up!
Thanks man I cant wait for the next event
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Hell yea man.... good job!! Keep at it, you'll just keep getting better and faster :grin: All that really matters at this point, is that you did it... and you finished. Some people don't even get that far.... or never even try it. As long as you're out there doing your thing and having fun, that's all that matters

I just did my first race last month.... almost identical results, lol.... I finished 22nd out of 28.... which I was just more happy that I actually finished, considering there were 697 freaking riders in the race.... it was crazy, lol. Did the 2nd a few weeks ago and got 30th out of 47 (with 6 DNF's (so 41 basically). It definitely takes some getting used to, lol
KDX Rippa #36

Post by KDX Rippa #36 »

thirdgenlxi wrote:Hell yea man.... good job!! Keep at it, you'll just keep getting better and faster :grin: All that really matters at this point, is that you did it... and you finished. Some people don't even get that far.... or never even try it. As long as you're out there doing your thing and having fun, that's all that matters

I just did my first race last month.... almost identical results, lol.... I finished 22nd out of 28.... which I was just more happy that I actually finished, considering there were 697 freaking riders in the race.... it was crazy, lol. Did the 2nd a few weeks ago and got 30th out of 47 (with 6 DNF's (so 41 basically). It definitely takes some getting used to, lol
Lol nice 697 riders is a hell of alot this event only had about 300 riders, cant wait to see how I do next time!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Congratulations on getting out there and trying! Keep at it.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
JL4049

Post by JL4049 »

Nice one! Good effort for your first time out. One thing I noticed, you sit quite far back on the seat in the turns. If you slide your butt right forward as you come into the apex and get your inside foot up by the fork, it'll help the front wheel bite. Weight on the outside foot peg as you put the power down and look where you want to go will get you out of the corners a lot faster, this can be a little hard to do at first in the trees as your sight line will be obscured, give these couple of things a try on the open sections of track and see how it feels.