Race Day

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Race Day

Post by BamBam »

WillBilly - those woods trails look pretty tight between trees. Do you cut down your bars?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Willbilly

Post by Willbilly »

Yes I cut the bars to 29", with bark busters they are 31" at the widest. Sometimes it's scary when I go fast
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

That video shows you really moving through the woods. Impressive! The KDX is still feisty. When is your next race?
Willbilly

Post by Willbilly »

BamBam wrote:That video shows you really moving through the woods. Impressive! The KDX is still feisty. When is your next race?
Next race is April 9 at the same property, different race. You should come down its 3.5 hours from you
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

Will - I'm not quite there yet to be ready to race. The bike has great front suspension now, and engine is solid. Next need a rear tire and wheel bearing as minimum service upgrade. Working my way back....

Hope to catch up to you at some point this season, KDX's need to stick together. At least until you blow by me! But at least we'll get some good go pro footage as you pass me each lap! :shock:
Willbilly

Post by Willbilly »

BamBam wrote:Will - I'm not quite there yet to be ready to race. The bike has great front suspension now, and engine is solid. Next need a rear tire and wheel bearing as minimum service upgrade. Working my way back....

Hope to catch up to you at some point this season, KDX's need to stick together. At least until you blow by me! But at least we'll get some good go pro footage as you pass me each lap! :shock:
soumds like a plan :cool:
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Race Day

Post by thirdgenlxi »

:lol:
Willbilly wrote:That's an awesome offer and I appreciate it. I've been wanting to come down to NC and try riding towards the mountains, especially the Brushy Mountain trail area. We've got a race on April 9 and then nothing until May 7th, maybe I can make it happen then. I'll send you a PM in a few weeks. I live in Danville so i'm not very far either.

That is a crazy amount of hours, do you ride on the road too? At 624 hours that's 6 hours a week every single week for 2 years.
Cool deal.... Yea Just let me know! Danville, huh? Cool you're right by VIR..... I've done a few trackdays there, sweet place for sure!

We ride at brushy mtn quite a bit..... Was just there on Sat

Played around on the hill climb for awhile too

[youtube][/youtube]

And Yea I ride it on the street a good bit..... As a dual sport and supermoto

Ridden it to the neighboring states a few times

Ride it to work sometimes (45 mins each way)

Get some weird looks measuring oil at the gas pump then shaking the bike all around to mix it, hahah

Did a track weekend on it too. The guy on the orange R6 about to pass me, is the same guy on the blue YZ-250 #9 in the very first pic above

And looooots of this, lol

Did first race a few weeks ago

Aaaand sometimes I ride it into a creek too..... Derp :doh:

Soooo yea.... She gets a lot of use! But doesnt seem to mind and she's still chugging along just fine..... A little over 11,000 miles since I've had it. She's been a good one alright..... I absolutely loooooove this bike! She does absolutely everything and just won't quit. I would be willing to bet a 4 stroke would be at least 1-2 rebuilds deep by this point

In comparison.... I have a street bike (2004 CBR 600 F4i) that I bought new, and currently has 312k miles, one car with 438k, and another car with 178k. I don't spend much time sitting at home, hahah :lol:

And dang sorry for all the pics.... didn't mean to jack your thread. I take pics of everything and get a little carried away, haha
Willbilly

Post by Willbilly »

Sweet pictures! I'm excited to come down now. Has anyone tried jumping down that hill? :shock:

Here's a pic of me in this race
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Willbilly wrote:Sweet pictures! I'm excited to come down now. Has anyone tried jumping down that hill? :shock:

Here's a pic of me in this race
Not that I've seen.... technically you're not supposed to go back down the hill, there's a little exit trail off to the side you're supposed to take back down. Over at Brown Mtn though there's a big rock overlook we go out on, and I've seen people jump down that rock before. Dude is a crazy fast local pro class racer though....he's nuts, lol :shock:
Willbilly

Race Day

Post by Willbilly »

Round 2 on Saturday. My goals are first in my class and top 25 overall.

thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Race Day

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Willbilly wrote:Round 2 on Saturday. My goals are first in my class and top 25 overall.

Hell yea..... Gooooooodd luck!! :grin: :grin:
Willbilly

Race Day

Post by Willbilly »

9th place out of 21. Fun fast track. Here's a good video from a guy in my class.

https://youtu.be/OmR7arGQVfY

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Willbilly on 05:59 am Apr 10 2017, edited 1 time in total.
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

Video missing?
Willbilly

Post by Willbilly »

BamBam wrote:Video missing?

Heres a link
https://youtu.be/OmR7arGQVfY
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

Man, FAST pace. I'd hate to clip a tree at those speeds. There is not enough bubble wrap in the world. ha!
Congratulations on a strong finish!!
Willbilly

Race Day

Post by Willbilly »

BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

MAN that is a cool photo! Do they have a guy at the races taking pictures to sell? I might have to enter a race just to get one great pic like that !!

Willbilly

Post by Willbilly »

BamBam wrote:MAN that is a cool photo! Do they have a guy at the races taking pictures to sell? I might have to enter a race just to get one great pic like that !!

Right now there are two guys that consistently take volunteer photos for the series and give them away.
Heees a link to the C race photos from one of the photagraphers. Tons of KDXs hidden in there

http://www.portfoliofotos.com/Sports/VC ... ning-Event
gots_a_sol

Post by gots_a_sol »

Willbilly wrote: Edit: found a GoPro video already of my class. I was last off the line but come into view at 0:42, orange helmet blue gear and of course green bike!
Willbilly wrote:9th place out of 21. Fun fast track. Here's a good video from a guy in my class.

Hey, that's me running video :mrgreen:

I just moved to 30+C this year after running the 200 class the last 3 years. Finishes have been so so but I am a heck of a lot closer to the top guys in this class than I ever was in 200. Those damn kids are fast :lol:
-Joe

Husky WR177 - KX125 (200 soon)
Willbilly

Post by Willbilly »

gots_a_sol wrote:
Willbilly wrote: Edit: found a GoPro video already of my class. I was last off the line but come into view at 0:42, orange helmet blue gear and of course green bike!
Willbilly wrote:9th place out of 21. Fun fast track. Here's a good video from a guy in my class.

Hey, that's me running video :mrgreen:

I just moved to 30+C this year after running the 200 class the last 3 years. Finishes have been so so but I am a heck of a lot closer to the top guys in this class than I ever was in 200. Those damn kids are fast :lol:
Sweet brother i'll see you on the line in 11 days.