Plates for Racing??

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Plates for Racing??

Post by BamBam »

Starting to look at race application forms for enduros in the ECEA (north east) area. The first couple I have seen all required plated street legal vehicles. Has anyone addressed this yet for a two-stroke KDX and got their bikes street legal, plates, tagged, and insured? Or should I expect to ride only close course events?

Does anyone know which enduro events in areas such as Maryland, NJ, PA (even VA) run as closed-course where I could give this racing stuff a first try?
(note - I am not thinking hare scrambles are for me yet. The videos I have seen all show stampedes and log jams, with guys yelling to get out of the way!)
Willbilly

Plates for Racing??

Post by Willbilly »

East Coast Enduro Association - http://ecea.org/ecea/
Virginia Championship Hare Scramble Racing - http://vchss.org/vchss_flag_intro.htm
Virginia X-Country Racing Series - http://www.vxcs.org/

Some of the ECEA enduros are closed course non plate required races, you can find that info on their website. They also offer hare scrambles which require no plates. VCHSS is a hare scramble series in mostly Southern VA, no plates required. VXCS is also hare scrambles no plating and races from northern NC to southern MD. VXCS series started last weekend and VCHSS series starts this weekend.
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Plates for Racing??

Post by BamBam »

I don't quite understand the codes and abbreviations on the ECEA schedule. Does TK mean time keeping event? The Deleware enduro says SC instead of TK. What does that mean?

There is an enduro May 28th at Reading Offroad which I think is the Broad Mountain Enduro. Is that closed course? The ECEA Web site and links to the events and entry forms is frustrating. Having a tough time navigating the pages... can't imagine how lost I'll be in the woods. Ha!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Willbilly

Post by Willbilly »

I tried to figure it out myself and couldn't tell you, you'll have to email them. Sorry bub! You can probably get a faster answer by joining their facebook page and asking.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

SC means start control/restart which is the national format. Where a time keeping (TK) enduro penalizes you for being early, a SC doesn't. It basically is a bunch of timed events connected by unchecked trail.
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

Thanks!
Is there a way to tell in advance which enduro events are closed course for off road only bikes?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

CONTACT
THE
PROMOTER

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
BamBam
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by BamBam »

I meant like on the posted 2017 event schedule... but yeah, calling the promoter works too.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

No one will know more about the event(s) in question. If you can, talk to them after the event. I have raced MX some the last few years. I usually try to catch the track owner after it is done and thank him.
wprater

Plates for Racing??

Post by wprater »

BamBam.
Baja design has street legal conversations kits for kdx' and many more bikes . All so checking available for my 86 kdx. You all so need dot approved tires some states will not register your bike after all dot. approved equipment is installed I have heard VA. Will checkout more web. Site's you will find more info
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

wprater, welcome to the forums. :partyman:
Willbilly

Plates for Racing??

Post by Willbilly »

wprater wrote:BamBam.
Baja design has street legal conversations kits for kdx' and many more bikes . All so checking available for my 86 kdx. You all so need dot approved tires some states will not register your bike after all dot. approved equipment is installed I have heard VA. Will checkout more web. Site's you will find more info
No offense to wprater but do not do any of this until you talk to someone who races ECEA enduros or the promoter. All my life I grew up around men who raced ECEAs endure circuit and not one of them did anything similar to the above suggestions that I can remember.

They are not dual sport events they are dirt races. You'll need a front light, a brake light, and a liscense plate.
wprater

Plates for Racing??

Post by wprater »

Willbilly
No offense taken I gave bad advice I have no knowledge of ECEA enduros. Getting plates for a of road race bike I have done before BamBam most likely won't need that. Sorry I will be careful with future posts