Enduro surprise

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Enduro surprise

Post by doakley »

Rode in the Sandlapper Enduro in SC today on row 25. On row 28 was none other than **** Burleson! (If you don't know who he is you're either too young or don't ride enduros.). Multi-time National Enduro champion and ISDE (it was ISDT BACK THEN) champion. He totally dominated enduros for years. I remember being passed by him some 37 years ago when he was at his peak. Never actually met him before though. What a gentleman and a pleasure. Got to speak while waiting for our start. Of course he yelled when he passed me again! **** is 69 now and finished 2nd in the 60+ A class with a very respectable point total. What a personal thrill for me to relive a long ago moment! I will remember today for a long time.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Enduro surprise

Post by KDXGarage »

HOLY ****!

LUCKY YOU!!

Yes, I read many **** Burleson riding tips in the mid 80's Dirt Rider magazines. :bravo:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
gogreen
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Enduro surprise

Post by gogreen »

I had a similar experience back in the 90's. Was racing (riding :? ) and enduro on Drummond Island in Michigans Upper Peninsula. Mr Burleson was there as well. He was on a Suzuki DR 650 DS model doing this enduro. He was super cool and was just like any other racer out there. What a great experience to ride in the same race as the king of enduros. Thanks for bringing back the memory!