first enduro race

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
DJNiedz

first enduro race

Post by DJNiedz »

In Sept I did my first enduro race, ever. The Moonshine Enduro in PA. I rode my nealy stock 2001 KDX 220R. The race was really hard, and really fun, and pretty painful. I have previously done a bunch of MTB racing in my younger days so the racing experience was not foreign to me.

My shock was poorly set for the terrain, so that made things tough, but I managed. Also the bike wasn't idling well, and would stall frequently if idling. Aside from that the bike was awesome. So much torque, so incredible for really tight, technical woods riding. Now I don't feel bad when my buddy blasts by me in open fields on his 1990 cr125, because I know how awesome this bike is for real riding. I love this motor.

I'll probably do some more racing next season.

Dan
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: first enduro race

Post by KDXGarage »

Cool report. Get things better set up in the winter.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Spring the suspension for your weight...it is the biggest bang for the buck in improving your ride. Then general maintenance to get it up to speed, a 125 shouldn't be blasting by you.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

My 220 is stock also and I agree it is a near perfect woods bike. My shock was in terrible shape so I sent it off to FRP for a rebuild. Jeff also revalves the shock to your weight and riding style (ability). Then I did the shim mod on the front forks and put in the correct spring for my weight. Getting the suspension right makes a huge difference.
DJNiedz

first enduro race

Post by DJNiedz »

thanks for the feedback guys. I definitely have plans to get the bike set up better.
Willbilly

first enduro race

Post by Willbilly »

DJNiedz wrote:In Sept I did my first enduro race, ever. The Moonshine Enduro in PA. I rode my nealy stock 2001 KDX 220R. The race was really hard, and really fun, and pretty painful. I have previously done a bunch of MTB racing in my younger days so the racing experience was not foreign to me.

My shock was poorly set for the terrain, so that made things tough, but I managed. Also the bike wasn't idling well, and would stall frequently if idling. Aside from that the bike was awesome. So much torque, so incredible for really tight, technical woods riding. Now I don't feel bad when my buddy blasts by me in open fields on his 1990 cr125, because I know how awesome this bike is for real riding. I love this motor.

I'll probably do some more racing next season.

Dan
Heck yeah on the moonshine! I've spent a few years clean the course as a youngster!