AWRCS Rd. 2 Parker PA

Got racing stories or pictures to share?
shoe757
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

AWRCS Rd. 2 Parker PA

Post by shoe757 »

Spent all day Saturday putting the shock and forks back on my 220. Had to throw on two sprockets, brakes and a clutch also. Everything was going smooth, too smooth. Took the clutch cover off and noticed the PO put the last friction plate in the wrong slot. Pulled the basket, no grooving or anything. Awesome! Throw my new plates in, start tightening it down, bottom 3 bolts out, get to the 4th, SNAP. :toimonster: At this point I had put all my free time (not much) and a lot of money to make this race. In anger I took it apart, took the broken spring stud out, and put it all together with 3 springs! I started it just to see how awful it would be. Sounds perfect, hmmmm. Rode it around the yard, nothing abnormal. Loaded both bikes and went to bed.

We got to bed around 130 so we didn't leave out till 7AM. Got there around 10 and still had to wore my new grips and set the sag in her bike. Realized I had better her bike a little too rich for the elevation and high temp, no big deal it will still run great. Get to the line, roughly 45 in my class. Flag waves, first kick and gone. I was 7th or 8th into the first turn and just far enough to hit the back of a bottleneck into the woods. I run right through a bush and get out in front. Flying through a really rocky open I was ahead and moving great. Got into a muddy rut section and banging bars, guy on the left goes down and takes me with him. I was keeping really good pace with the line ahead of me and felt good. I impressed myself in a lot of the really tight single track, remembering I forgot the bark busters was quick when a couple trees grabbed the brakes. Got into a really snotty technical rock section and found myself walking the bike. I was pretty upset with myself at this point and realized it was my slow speed causing the problem. Went through the gate and started lap two. I felt good now, open section I started making time and passing riders just a rolling in 4th and 5th gear. Started noticing a little clutch fade, uh oh I completely forgot about only have three springs, oh well keep pushing. I wasn't looking far enough ahead for my speed and tagged a tree with the throttle side of the bars pretty much head on. Landed on my head, shook it off, started going and noticed I was turned way left and still going straight. Damn rubber cones!!!!! After a lot of cussing, kicking the bars with everything I had, finding two trees to put the wheel in between, I realized I couldn't fix it. Hanging my head i rode back and waited for my girlfriend to pass the pit.

She didn't have very good luck either. At about mile 7 of 14 her bike shut off and she couldn't get it started. A track hand said there was no spark and she would have to get pulled out. She tried but couldn't keep the bike up through the rough stuff being pulled by a quad. So I hop on the back of the quad and get a ride down, look at the kill switch covered in mud, clean it off, first kick fires up.

I still managed 29th out of 38 that finished with my one lap. She unfortunately DNF'd.

24 days until the next one!

This is my first time with a race report, if its a little too long winded, or not enough detail just mention it. I don't get hurt feelings. Thanks!
02 Kdx220
97 Kdx200/220
04 Kx250/500
01 Kx250
01 Kx100
13 Klx140
12 Teryx4
11 kfx450r
05 Vulcan 2000
04 636
93 Cbr900rr 8.37 ET
96 Rm125