Lowering Seat Height 1993 KDX 250

Discussion specific to the 1991 - 1994 KDX250 sold in the USA
Shoni

Lowering Seat Height 1993 KDX 250

Post by Shoni »

So, I recently purchased a 1993 KDX250. I'm 5'4 and the seat almost comes up to my chest. At this point, I'm looking for each and every inexpensive way I can lower this bike. I'm not interested in cutting the sub frame. I haven't been able to find a lowering link for my model, anyone know where to get one? I've been thinking about lowering the shocks as this is going to be strictly a trail bike, no jumping or racing. Any one know how to lower the shocks on this model? Any other ideas? Thinking about cutting the seat down to give me a little more ground clearance.

Thanks!
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Lowering Seat Height 1993 KDX 250

Post by jjavaman »

You could try these guys and ask if one of their links would fit. Cutting the seat down will help,I've heard that you take foam off the underside of the seat so you don't change the profile to much.
http://www.koubalink.com
If you don't want to do any of the above, a suspension shop could shorten it up for you, good luck
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Lowering Seat Height 1993 KDX 250

Post by KDXGarage »

Crazy question, but why did you buy a KDX250 if you are only 5' 4"??

You can have travel limiting spacers put in the fork and shock by a suspension shop, but that costs money.

Cutting the seat only helps so much and may be your only free / dirt cheap option.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128