KLX 140G

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

KLX 140G

Post by pumpguy »

I was aware of Kawa's small KLX series 4 stroke bikes but not the 140G until I read about it in this month's issue of Dirt Bike.

Turns out this is a full size dirt bike with 21 and 18" front and rear wheels, air cooling, E start, 218 lb. listed weight, and MSRP of $3690.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this bike that would care to post comments?

Not looking for a fire breathing dragon, just a nice light full size e start dirt bike to have some fun on. I would like it to be road legal so I can use roads to transition from trail to trail.

The KLX 140G does not appear to be road legal, although I see Kawa does offer this bike in the far east as their KLX150BF model that is fully road legal. From what I see, it's about 20 lbs heavier and is available with USD forks.
Jim B

KLX 140G

Post by Jim B »

pumpguy wrote:Turns out this is a full size dirt bike with 21 and 18" front and rear wheels...
I don't think that's a full size bike. It's a small bike with full size wheels.
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

KLX 140G

Post by pumpguy »

IMO, not really. It has adult size dimensions; a longer swing arm and stretched out frame giving a 52" wheel base and 34" seat height. From what I've read, the conventional forks are kind of wimpy.

Was hoping to hear from someone with first hand experience.

Anybody actually ridden one?