New forum for other makes/models

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I thought it would be a good idea to start a forum dedicated to other makes and models. Lots of us own bikes other than the KDX, or have interest in them. Feel free to post any General Q&A about other models in this section.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Great idea!
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Good idea.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Deseret Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Deseret Rider »

I used to have a DR650 dual sport which really was a great bike----oriented on the highway side and maybe not so great for serious dirt. Then, I got carried away after dumping it once riding it a little too fast into some seriously deep powder----the kind you find when logging trucks have beat the surface into talcum-like powder. So, I wondered about maybe getting a KTM 530 dual sport which I knew about. They guy that owned it had no less than thirty other bikes (and a Helicopter) in his man cave hanger----He wanted to sell it because it wouldn't start with the magic button. It was otherwise near new with only 450 miles on it. I didn't really want a bike that wouldn't start with the button---and did some research and learned that the early '08's had been fitted with a backwards (mirror image) cam---which caused the auto compression release to be inoperable. I passed this info on to the guy but he wasn't interested in trying to fix it and offered to buy me the cam and sell me the bike at a favorable price--------So I sat down and offered the DR-650 on a DR forum and lo---before I turned the computer off a guy had called----would be here in the morning----and bought my bike. Up until now I wasn't sure I would actually buy the KTM----though I wanted it and was willing to gamble that it had the wrong cam. The spec on it was that it was a 268 pound dual sport---about 70 pounds or so lighter than the DR---and KTM's are tough to beat in the dirt------SO to shorten the story a little I bought it---installed the correct cam----now it starts instantly with the button----What a strong bike. Whoa? Now I find out it's a pretty serious dirt bike and way more bike than what I need (I'm early into my 70th decade and don't ride as hard as I did some years ago). But I kept the bike----ride it occasionally---mostly up the highway to where I turn off to go dirt to my favorite fishing streams. I've bought another bike now for trail riding---and suspect that the KDX 220 that I'm riding now is probably the ultimate trail bike for an old duffer like myself----I've always been a two stroke guy anyway. Anybody want to talk to me about buying my KTM? Ha Ha haven't advertised it ---and really am not pressed to sell it---but if I could get something close to what I have in it -------Maybe? Still got less than a thousand miles on it and has been outfitted with some pretty nice aftermarket goodies.
The Duck of Deseret (Deseret was Utah's first name)
kdxmaniac
Supporting Member

Post by kdxmaniac »

thank you! :supz:
my bikes
-------------
96 ktm 300
96 XR400R
07 hayabusa
77 kz 1000
85 goldwing 1200
02 BIG DOG PITBULL

gone but not forgotten
96 kdx 200
98 ktm 380 "because it dang near killed me!"
97 ktm 360
96 ktm 250
93 wr 250
94 dr 350s
93 kx 250
07 gsxr 1000
99 bandit 1200
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Question.......Who else owns a KLX450R besides myself???????? :hmm:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Deseret Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Deseret Rider »

I wish I had a 450 KLX----but I don't---but now I can't think of a good reason not to buy one. Maybe I'll look for a good KLX now---you can't have too many bikes. What I do have:

'04 KDX 200 (with a street legal kit)
'05 KDX 220 (sweet with the Wiseco upgrade)
'08 KTM 530 (now with upgraded suspension and 1400 miles)
'96 WR 250 (the two stroke model---still like new)
'99 R1100 RT (maybe the ultimate tourer)
The Duck of Deseret (Deseret was Utah's first name)
jgas

Post by jgas »

How about a seperate KX and KLX forum? I have owned several of both, currently have a KLX 300. Jeff.
ecojbr
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ecojbr »

Would only seem fitting to have a KX forum. After all we are using alot of KX stuff for our DX's
04 kx220 hybrid
03 kx 250
05 kdx 200
Polen

Post by Polen »

ecojber wrote:Would only seem fitting to have a KX forum. After all we are using alot of KX stuff for our DX's
I got an old harley but it needs some work done on it.