Post by KDXGarage »

"That guy has a screw loose" ... ON HIS BIKE!! :lol:

I am glad you got it sorted out. I love those '87's! :partyman:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
RoostRider

87 KDX 200 Bogging @ half throttle

Post by RoostRider »

Yeah, I kind of lost motivation to fix it for a little bit, ended up buying a '75 Suzuki TS125 that still runs and rides and was in good condition for $100. That bike is fun but man was it lacking in power, so I decided to work on the KDX and I'm glad that I did because it runs awesome now, just need to fix the broken oil drain bolt and I'll be able to go ride it

Edit: I'm so addicted to this KDX that I just sold my Suzuki for $500 so I can continue to fix up the Kawasaki :boogie:

Edit again: So I've been trying to get this oil bolt out, but it's broken off in there pretty good, I think the previous owner overtightened it in there and the head snapped off. Anyways anyone know of a method that could get the bolt out without damaging the threads or anything that would prevent a new bolt from being put in? I considered drilling a small hole into the bolt to be able to fit a smaller bolt with jb weld on it, was thinking I could back it out from that bolt and it would pull the broken one with, I'm hesitant to try this though, never done it and I'd hate to make things worse
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 87 KDX 200 Bogging @ half throttle

Post by KDXGarage »

Uh oh. Do you have any pictures? If you drill through, you put metal shavings into the transmission, which is a big no no.

If you do drill, it needs to be a left handed drill bit.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
RoostRider

87 KDX 200 Bogging @ half throttle

Post by RoostRider »

I don't have any but I can get some today, is there a way I can upload pictures from my phone to here?
Also I plan on drilling it with a left handed bit, I'm hoping it will just back the bolt out as I drill. Before I do that though are there any other methods I could try?