1985 kdx200 factory red plastics

Discussion specific to the various air-cooled KDX models sold in the USA
mjlovejoy4

Post by mjlovejoy4 »

hi guys new here I just bought a pretty nice good running 1985 kdx200 and found out I cant get rebuilds for it. I bought this for my kids and want it around for awhile but that doesn't look to promising. the question is should I sell it or does anyone have advise on an engine swap or rebuild kits. Im sure my boys will ride it hard and being new to dirtbikes I didn't know they needed rebuilt so often. please help me with your collective wisdom. this is a nice bike that runs good and didi I mention factory red plastics
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 1985 kdx200 factory red plastics

Post by KDXGarage »

Hi. Welcome to kdxrider! :partyman:

Congratulations on the KDX. 1984 came with red plastics. You may want to check the VIN. The tenth digit is the year code.

http://www.kdxgarage.com/vininformation.html

Generally, they do not need to be rebuilt very often. This is assuming you have it all in one good piece to start with. If you bought with ten areas on the bike needing work immediately or very soon, then yes, it will need a lot of work.

If you need a new OEM red headlight shell, I have one for sale.

http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 69&t=22131
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
mjlovejoy4

Post by mjlovejoy4 »

Thanks for the welcome. I guess I need to check the VIN see about the year it was sold to me as 85. Still pretty cool it's kind of a barn find the guy I bought it from use to run Enduro it's been in his garage for last 20 plus years and is unmolested. He said hestarted it up every coulple of months and ride it around couple of blocks then back to garage said he couldn't ride them like he used to. I drove the bike here at the house and I can't complain about anything. I just thought it was to nice of a bike to let go. The electronic trip meter isn't hooked up but it's still there as well
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 1985 kdx200 factory red plastics

Post by KDXGarage »

Cool. I am glad to see another air cooled owner around here.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128