kdx200 e crankshaft bearings

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
makis-rr

Post by makis-rr »

hello
i am making a rebuilt of my bike
i want to change crankshaft bearings. i am planning to buy koyo c3.
do anybody have an idea if there is anything else better or more suitable for my bike?
do i have to put c4 ?
thanks
makis
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Dekon »

I would only go with the factory Kawasaki bearings(I also used OEM crank seals). I feel that if my bike got 27 years out of the original bearings they must be good. I know they were the original ones because the PO never split the cases in the years he owned it and it was a POS when I got it. All bearings that I replaced inside the cases were replaced with OEM bearings. Who wants to split the cases again to save a few bucks?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: kdx200 e crankshaft bearings

Post by KDXGarage »

I would assume that the factory bearings were made by Koyo, a Japanese bearing company. They made a lot of the E series engine bearings. If one can get the EXACT same bearing from a bearing store, it could be cheaper. One of the tricks is knowing which specification each bearing is. Some are the EXACT same size, but not recommended for certain RPM's, I believe.

Some bearings may have been custom made for Kawasaki, but a lot of the bearings based on dimensions can be found. BUT, same size does not always equal same bearing spec.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: kdx200 e crankshaft bearings

Post by Tedh98 »

Crank bearings and seals arent the place to try and save a few bucks. Just go with OEM.