Front headlight plastic and number plate.???

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
Rollingmenace

Front headlight plastic and number plate.???

Post by Rollingmenace »

Ok as I'm slowly putting my $300 project back together and it's really shaping up.. I've come to the conclusion that the front number plate/ headlight shroud could use a facelift....

Does anyone know if the stock unit is still available or is anyone repoping these I want to retain stock mounting and don't want an aftermarket universal one...

Also what about custom number plate vinyl anyone here do custom printing or have a good source for these bikes.. If not what about just the white backrounds...
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Front headlight plastic and number plate.???

Post by Tyl3r »

There a lots of good aftermarket ones these days. I know you don't want one, but its pretty hard to find a stock replacement that isn't broken or anything. I'd check fleabay, your local C-list, the for sale section of this forum, maybe amazon, just keep an eye peeled... good luck!

For backgrounds, check out the Attack Graphics on the Rocky Mountain ATV MC website. They made custom vinyls for my stock head light and side panels on my old KDX (it was for an H-series, I don't know if they do them for the E-series ones tho) . I don't remeber how much, but I remember thinking it was pretty reasonable. If not, I'd contact a graphics or sign shop and have them cut them out for you.
05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Front headlight plastic and number plate.???

Post by diymirage »

ive had Steve over at senge graphics make me a few different sets, and ive been happy with all of them

(I'm too lazy to find a link, but I bet if you search my post you will find them)
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike