E-Series Sub-Valves - AVAILABLE

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
Keystone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Keystone »

cmsnl.com - It's in the Netherlands or something so, from the US you will have to pay a hefty shipping fee and also pay an exchange rate fee. They have them and also some other "discontinued" parts I havn't had any luck getting. I ordered a left, right and idle sub-valve gear (all three) Here's the proof, package arrived today!

SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

How long did it take to get?
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Bitteeinit

Re: E-Series Sub-Valves - AVAILABLE

Post by Bitteeinit »

I wish I had ordered an idle gear when I had the chance. Top bushings too... Have you tried partszilla? I ordered from them not long ago.
Keystone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Keystone »

It took about 2 weeks from when I placed the order until I got the parts. I got the complete set, Left (a couple of those), Right and Idle gear. I usually get 1500 miles before I need a new Left sub-valve (before it starts showing wear and needs replaced) on my '93. I'm hoping by the time these are all expired and discontinued they will have steel or at least a harder type metal aftermarket alternative. the reason (the claim) no-one makes an aftermarket set of kips sub-valves now is because they ARE still available.
JoKa_603

Post by JoKa_603 »

How much did the valves cost with shipping?
shaunkdx

Post by shaunkdx »

G'day guys. I checked with my local dealer yesterday and both valves and the idler are all readily available within Aus.

We pay a lot more for parts over here so they work out to be about 90 dollars each (australian) but there is 6 of each part within Australia atm. I have put an order in for a set so I can keep the old girl going for another 25 years.

Might be something to look into for you US members.
Gotanubike
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Gotanubike »

Present condition of my valves are not so hot. I removed RH, LH valves and idle gear yesterday. A friend of a friend who is a machinist has play time with the CNC sometimes during the night shifts. He's going to have a look at them for me and tell me what he can do, woot

Below, picture of left side valve with not more than a season and a half of VERY light riding. Like I got out maybe 8 times just this past summer. and this valve was new last year.

Idle gear below. Never replaced by me but is starting to wear...Right side valve looks good

1990 KDX200
Bike Profile -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 61#p136315
Suspension Overhaul(Shock+89-92 conventional forks) -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15&t=15255
96'-98' RM125 Showa 49mm fork swap -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 04&t=16994
KDXrider world map! -> https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=186158
mowerman53

Post by mowerman53 »

If it helps anyone in the UK or is any more readily accessible to you guys in USA or AUS the these people have old Kawasaki stock of KIPS valves.

http://www.motoduro.co.uk/include/kawasaki12.php

:grin:
Proud owner of a KDX 200 E1
and an Orange bike too!
RockwoodKDX

Post by RockwoodKDX »

I believe I have found some at Babbitts online or KawasakiPartsHouse.com, considering ordering them ImageImage
This is what I found this afternoon , LH sub valve. All the others look good, not damage or visible wear. It does not affect movement of the valve yet, but I am sure it will soon. Let me know thoughts on whether to clean this up or just replace it. Part is about $40, so my thought is to replace it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keystone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Keystone »

Don't put that broken valve back in your bike.

I just placed an order to CMS http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-kdx200_model11766/
Here's an itemized list in US dollars:

one (1) Valve Exhaust LH #12005-1121 - $ 44.48
one (1) Valve Exhaust RH #12005-1122 -$ 44.48
one (1) Spur Gear, Idle #59051-1206 - $ 23.11
Three (3) Valve Collar #92143-1147 - $ 20.80 ($ 6.93 each)
Shipping - - - $ 37.55 (to U.S.)

Total - - - $ 170.43

These look to be original parts, not reproductions. You can look at my photo above from when I placed my first order. I have not had any trouble getting my orders, just a little pricey because of shipping and exchange rates which your credit card converts for you. Worth it if you love your E-Series!
RockwoodKDX

Post by RockwoodKDX »

Got bad news from Babbitts today, part no longer made. Going to follow Keystone and order the one overseas. Sucks.... Thanks for posting Keystone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk