E-series motor with a H-series pipe?

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
rogainegt

E-series motor with a H-series pipe?

Post by rogainegt »

I'm in the process of cobbling together a low-$$$ hybrid using A 00' rolling chassis & a E-series motor. I've been told that the H-series pipe fits with little adjustmet... but is it compatable with the E motor? :rolleyes:
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: E-series motor with a H-series pipe?

Post by scheckaet »

>|<>QBB<
rogainegt wrote:I've been told that the H-series pipe fits with little adjustmet... but is it compatable with the E motor? :rolleyes:
Not true for all years and shape of the pipe. On my 02 hybrid with 05 kdx engine, the fmf needed about 1 inch of pipe to reach the cylinder and I had to bend it a bit to line everything right. On the procircuit, it lined up well but i still needed to add 1 inch to reach the cylinder.
For e serie, i think someone already did one, search in hybrid section for more info
rogainegt

Post by rogainegt »

Thanx - I found this:
http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... eries+pipe

I've been told that using an 02> chassis & a 'H' motor makes life very easy... for the rest of us - make it fit

"If all else fails - get a bigger hammer (BFH)"
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

if you can weld, it's a fairly simple swap
rogainegt

Post by rogainegt »

Weld? "Not worth a flip"... but, that's what friends are for :lol:
500 HORS

Post by 500 HORS »

I did an E series in a 2001 KX frame, it required approx.1.25 inch extension at head. FMF pipe. It also require a cut after the first bend, and re-attaching and custom location of upper mount to frame. I was able to use the lower frame mount. Then it requires a little shorteting and angling back where the spark arrestor slides on. Truly not that big a deal if have access to a PortaBand and welder.
I'll post pics in mid January.