Sell your hybrid?

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
letitsnow

Sell your hybrid?

Post by letitsnow »

I think that I would like to try one for racing harescrambles. Do any of you want to sell yours?
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

make your own, not that complicated.
If I were to sell mine, I'd have to sell it for at least .... well, let's just say you couldn't afford it :wink:
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote:make your own, not that complicated.
If I were to sell mine, I'd have to sell it for at least .... well, let's just say you couldn't afford it :wink:
Totally agree on both points.

Even if you don't have a welder, you can still do most of the work with common hand & power tools. Then you can have a machine shop complete what you can't.

I've been asked several times about selling mine. I always say 'no', but if pressed for a price, saying '$5k' usually ends the conversation. Every time I ride or even just look at the bike, I get a great deal of satisfaction knowing that I did it myself and there isn't another bike out there exactly like it.
letitsnow

Post by letitsnow »

I probably will make one sooner or later, just wanted to check and see if any of you are money hungry... :grin:
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

Yeah, I committed the cardinal sin of adding up my receipts the other day--$5k still ain't enough!
David Eckel
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I deliberately tossed my reciepts. I don't want to know.

It did not have to be so much, but I'm not too bright sometimes.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
SVandal

Post by SVandal »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:I deliberately tossed my reciepts. I don't want to know.

It did not have to be so much, but I'm not too bright sometimes.
Not counting expendables (tires, bars, etc) I am about 1800 into mine. 900.00 for the bike and 900.00 for all the parts. This also accounts for parts from my bike that I sold to help pay for the CR parts.

My advice is that now that CR125's are getting cheap, is to buy a runner for about 1200.00, sell the engine and do the little that is required for the hybrid your self or take it to a shop. With a 2003 swingarm I only needed to shorten the bushings and get the cases drilled. Also had a friend weld the 2 new mounts on. Now to do a CR hybrid would only take a couple weekends with all the parts on hand.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

I'm at about $2500. I spent more on the KX roller than what I would have liked, but I had a hard time finding an '04/'05 that was reasonably priced.
art5

Post by art5 »

how serious are you at buying one 3500 will take mine home. another guy in indiana bought the other one, If you look there are still articles on mine in here I am sure.