2004 Hybrid build #2

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Had a great day riding on Sunday, bike performed great and we had a lot of fun.
red-eye-righley

Post by red-eye-righley »

:supz:

Looking really good, the whole time I am battling to get hold of one decent cheapish KDX worthy of turning into a hybrid (KX isn't such a problem though, they pop up once in a while).

Here's a bike that might be worthwhile (anyone need a frame and wants to ship me an engine :wink: - kidding)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/kawasaki ... ccessories

Cheers
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Hard to believe he still doesn't have any bids. I thought everyone wanted a KDX chopper low-rider, and for only $600?? A steal.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
red-eye-righley

Hi Mike, Really? Over here it would be a pretty decent buy for someone wanting to build a hybrid! Freak, not finding all that much and its' too frustrating!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Over here you can find much better buys than that. I guess it's the "Land of Opportunity", plenty of opportunity to find someone that hit hard times and has to sell his stuff.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
red-eye-righley

Gee, shame - but makes for good deals I suppose. If anyone hears of a guy splitting a KDX, please let me know - looks like it might be worth paying freight just to get a motor over here!
Bouillion

Clarke Tank

Post by Bouillion »

Did you ever try the Clark Tank? What was the fit issue with the IMS and which model did you go with? Thanks, working on my first hybrid now.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Clarke Tank

Post by Tedh98 »

>|<>QBB<
Bouillion wrote:Did you ever try the Clark Tank? What was the fit issue with the IMS and which model did you go with? Thanks, working on my first hybrid now.
I'm looking for a used Clarke to try out.

I had to grind a little plastic on my seat to get the seat to slide up far enough on the tank for the two bolt mounting holes to line up.

I also had to make spacers for the two lower radiator shrouds. The two top holes of each shroud line up and bolt on fine, but the lower part of the shroud sticks out away from the radiator by 3/4" due to the buldge in the tank.

I've checked with others that have the same model of KX and they didn't have these issues with their IMS tanks. I haven't compared the tank #'s yet.

I'm sure I didn't screw anything up with how I put things together b/c everything fits properly with the stock tank in place.

These aren't big issues, but I wasn't expecting to have to deal with them.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: 2004 Hybrid build #2

Post by Tedh98 »

Build thread bump, as requested.