Tossing my hat in the hybrid ring

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
Bouillion

Post by Bouillion »

sean-svm, sean-svm,

Sean, i'm getting ready to start my hybrid using an 05 KX frame and an 02 KDX220 motor. Where there any little bumps in the road or any additional tips you could provide to help make my build go smooth?

I would appreciate any tips you might be able to offer.

Thanks,

Robert

My email is bouillions@bellsouth.net
Starky307

Post by Starky307 »

Hi there, I am blown away with this build, it is a very clean example of how great a bike Kawasaki could have made, big ups to you man. I have a question about the silencer, what model did you spec when buying it? is it a kdx200, kx125 or kx250? I know the sub frame is the same on the 125 and 250 and the way it lines up and its size makes me think it is a kx250. Can you shed some light on this for me.
Cheers
Brad
Squadman13

Tossing my hat in the hybrid ring

Post by Squadman13 »

Of all the conversions I've researched, I really like yours. That bike is really sharp! I've got a 2001 kdx220 I bought new. I'm looking for a 125 right now to use for the chassis. I'm curious, do you have any more photos of the engine stay brackets that you had fabbed? Not modifying the tank seems like a smart choice to me and it looks like you avoided this by the killer top bracket fabrication. A