Another Hybrid In The Works

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
SVandal

Post by SVandal »

I hope to take mine out tomorrow. Had to travel out of town and been working on another project, so I have only had it out for a few miles of open desert and woops. I did find that for a small jump that I tried, that I actually had to work to preload the suspension, and this is with the stock cr250 forks and cr125 shock. The clickers are set in the middle and it seemed to do well. You could always find a frame and start the process until a nice roller comes along :grin:, just an idea.

Great ride report JC, makes me want to get mine stickered so I can take it up in the forest.
Jeekinz

Post by Jeekinz »

Hey, that chassis looks vaguely familliar. :mrgreen:

You did some nice work on that bike Bro! :prayer:
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

** FOLLOWUP **

Got a chance to put in some laps on a real MX track. It worked really good there. It was actually fun to rail through turns and try a little jumping (not a lot of air). It handled really good. Definately better at MX than the KDX frame.

Usually my oldest kid and his friends can outrun me on the MX tracks. This time they couldn't. Sweet.
Last edited by jc7622 on 07:53 pm Oct 02 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

That is one cool ride you have there, I wish I had the talent to put something like that together.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
SVandal

Post by SVandal »

>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote:That is one cool ride you have there, I wish I had the talent to put something like that together.
Its not too hard to do depending on the bike you pick. Just know your states laws on special build bikes if you have to register it.
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

Nice with the frame hoops! GREAT GREAT mod if your doing one of these.

Jeekinz your the man thanks for the roller!

Jeekinz shipped it from NJ for him everyone. Great help and donation of time. :prayer:
rdsrf

Post by rdsrf »

jc7622,

Did you ever try to see if the kdx rear rim/hub would fit?

Or is it possible to lace up the KDX 18" rim with the KX125 hub?
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

>|<>QBB<
rdsrf wrote:jc7622,

Did you ever try to see if the kdx rear rim/hub would fit?

Or is it possible to lace up the KDX 18" rim with the KX125 hub?

I didn't try it and I no longer have a KDX wheel. I'm sure it's possible to lace the KX hub to any 18" rim. All you need are the right spokes. Any wheel manufacturer should be able to supply the spokes if you tell them which pieces you are using. If you did some comparing it may just work out the the stock KDX spokes will work. The KX and KDX hubs may be the same out where the spokes go through. I would be interested in knowing.
Kman6287
Supporting Member

Post by Kman6287 »

jc7622,

JC,
I am in the process of building a Hybrid with a 03 KX 125 with an 03 KDX 220. I have been reviewing all of the posts on this forum thoroughly. However your post it appears that your picture links are broken. Sure would like to see the pictures that go with your narrative to help me visualize your build, especially the parts where you did the mounts, swingarm, and bushing cuts. If it is not too much trouble could you send me your pictures?

Thanks for the help,
Dave