KX125 donors...best place to look?

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
UFS207

KX125 donors...best place to look?

Post by UFS207 »

I've been researching the whole hybrid build deal and I want to do it. Even if the end product isn't all it's talked up to be I think it would be a fun project. My main question is where could I look for KX125 rollers and or/parts? Ebay seems pretty barren as far as non-generic "KX" parts goes right now. I even thought about buying a nice, running KX125 for around $1200 - $1500 or so and hoping I could make most of the cash back by parting out whats left of my 220 and the 125 motor. Been scanning craigslist for a while now and I'm turning up a few KX's for sale but they seem pretty pricey for my tastes. Cyclertrader.com is a complete joke nowadays (just dealer spam now) and the little mags you buy at the 7-11 aren't much better.

I'm open to any suggestions as far as sourcing parts goes.
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

yeah, ebay.
UFS207

Post by UFS207 »

No, Craigslist!

Picked this up today:

http://jackson.craigslist.org/mcy/876483497.html

In case the ad gets pulled it's a 2001 KX125 roller. Everything is there, even the motor...it's in a box in about a million pieces. Even got the exhaust and carb. Frame, tank, radiators, forks, rims, brakes and shock are all in good shape. One last harescramble at the end of this month for my 220 and then it's transformation time.