Here is my 03 Hybrid build.

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

Muahahahaha!

Last edited by ebeck on 01:04 am Apr 17 2008, edited 1 time in total.
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

Ok first impresions...

Riding out of the garage and tring on the street the bike just plain turns better. The 02 seemed lazy compard to this and you needed to peg weight to get it to go where you wanted, especially when moving slow. Seemed top heavy. Hard to exxplain but the 03 feels really really nibmle. Need to hit regular single track to assess further but I am really impresed by this part alone. Totally inspires confidence.

Suspension feeld real firm and solid. 99 KX250 suspeension on the other hybrid is really soft. Stock was .40 fork. Hoping the MXtech revalving and respringing will pay divedends. Straight rate springs are supposed to be good, perhaps that is why it feels more solid when manuvering at slow speed. not sure.

The motor, 2003 KDX200 and it has the RB head and full RB carb with PC pipe. It comes on fast and hard and when it does it hits hard and runs like a F^&%ing raped ape. Front wheel, right up, no tugging required. Gonna take some getting used to.

I dig it, but only so much you can do at 11 pm on a dark street.

Loose ends to tie up still before I hit dirt.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yeah... the 03 had the improved turning radius. I really need to do me one of these... :sad:

Did you go with a 18" on the rear?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'll sponsor you to a ride out here with me, Wib and Carvr if you bring that bike. I'll pay your air fare and bike transportation costs. Heck, I'll even pay your air fare home.

(Oh, Lord,
Please don't let him notice that the bike is NOT being transported back home, but that rather, thy will, er, it will be thine, er, mine!!! AMEN! )

A really nicely finished product. Seriously, you need to come out west to really test it. I've got lots of room......
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

Where you at ski?

Oh yeah I did an 18" rear alright.

It is not quite done, got bark busters and a few other goodies to tie up.

I'll do soem good pics once all finished.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I just came... just a little! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

Crappy pics, no graphics yet and still a few little goodies to do but let me tell you, that things freaking rocks.
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

Little better pics.

SVandal

Post by SVandal »

Ebeck,
What do you do for a living (besides hybrids). The socks and sandals are screaming engineer, but that just may be a result of working with engineers all day.

The bike looks great! It makes me want to check craigslist one more time for a newer mxer with a blown motor.
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Flagstaff...Sunday...be up here or be square. The airport single track or Peaks single track is pretty damn good right now.

Honestly though, the bike looks amazing. I like the way it looks without the graphics on the plastic. :supz: :partyman:

EDIT: I need to learn to re-read my posts...
Last edited by thebleakness on 03:02 am Apr 18 2008, edited 1 time in total.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I'm in California near Lake Tahoe. Wib and Carvr are in Oregon near Grants Pass. So? Wanna go riding?

Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

Yeah, this summer I'll come up!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Clark tank on it's way??? :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

ebeck

Post by ebeck »

Hey thanks gus. yeah I am in software, director of platform infrastructure and operations that I designed.

I got a whirte IMS desert tank and Cycra probend busters and IMS shift lever and a few othr goodies. Think I am gonna stick with the stock tank for now. big tanks are kin of lke sticking an aftermarket wing on a ferrari. LOL

The 03 lines are so sweet. I'll do it eventually, I got one (courtesy of krazinski) got it fitted 90% too, but I am not puttig it on anytime soon. At my age a 40 mile ride kicks my ass anyhow. Usually onlyget a few hours to ride, wife and kids etc... at 40 with a family, the days of riding for 15 hours sat and sunday are loooong gone. If I get 5 hours I am lucky. Fortunatly riding is 10 minutes away hree in Scottsdale AZ. :supz:

I agree, I kind of dig the naked no graphics look!
SVandal

Post by SVandal »

>|<>QBB<
ebeck wrote:Hey thanks gus. yeah I am in software, director of platform infrastructure and operations that I designed.
Kinda guessed, I wore white socks and Tevas through the snow at college. Something about having "the knack" that includes the socks and sandals.
plb

Post by plb »

@ebeck

You wear white sox on your sandals??????????

:razz: :oops: :razz:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
plb wrote:@ebeck

You wear white sox on your sandals??????????

:razz: :oops: :razz:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
That's his riding gear......
Jerry

SVandal

Post by SVandal »

If you never was the socks they start setting up to be harder than the plastic boots, and they have the custom fit. :)
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

How W I D E are those bars? I guess you don't have to squeeze through the trees in the desert. I can't wait to read a ride report.