kx 125 motor value

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

kx 125 motor value

Post by canamfan »

I'm considering the hybrid build, been looking for a late model kx 125, 03 and up. I haven't found any late model rollers as of yet. Most of the later model kx's are bring $1200 to $1500 around here. Just wondering what you guys got out of your kx leftover parts specifically the motor. Thanks in advance.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: kx 125 motor value

Post by Tedh98 »

I think your best bet for getting the most from a complete engine is to target the guys building karts. If you can find a kart forum or two, you could check the classifieds and get an idea.
marrk_us
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by marrk_us »

Tedh98 wrote:I think your best bet for getting the most from a complete engine is to target the guys building karts. If you can find a kart forum or two, you could check the classifieds and get an idea.
I agree. I sold the engine from my 1st hybrid build to a karter on ebay. It went almost immediately with buy it now option. If I had to do it again i'd had listed it as a straight auction with a reserve. Had it listed $500 buy it now and it went quick, i'm sure i'd made more with a straight auction listing.
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by canamfan »

Thanks for the replies, sounds good.
Yugmoto

kx 125 motor value

Post by Yugmoto »

I got $500 for mine, probably could have got more. Heck, I only paid $800 for the whole bike and it was clean. I hope I didn't just sound greedy :?