starting my hybrid

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: starting my hybrid

Post by Tyl3r »

All that and you go and slap all of those stickers all over it! :vom:

The bike looks awesome man, you did your homework and the end result looks awesome. How does it ride?

Nice touch with the laser cut brackets too. If I had access to a laser cnc I would do the same!

I'd also like to know how the HDPE skid plate is working out? That is a pretty cool idea, I was thinking about copying it if you had good results with it.

How were you able to get it street legal? Did you register it through South Dakota or something?
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
kashola
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by kashola »

Very nice work. Bike looks great!
volkoff
Supporting Member

Post by volkoff »

Thank you for the compliments. The.The bike rides great. I should have the suspension done but for this year it worked fine. I think I will put the Rekluse in over the winter for next season.The skid plate has cracked. Not from riding but I think I had a sharp bend on the underside and the bolt point stressed and cracked it. Nice thing, I can just cut a new one. I followed the rules on making it street legal. Do not do it yourself. Go through and "enhanced inspection station". The whole process is pretty easy to do, and once it is done all the blinkers and extra junk come off.