hybrid size

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
osobad
Gold Member
Gold Member

hybrid size

Post by osobad »

I have a question for people that have built a hybrid. As I obtain the parts needed to build, I keep wondering if the bike is going to feel to small for me. The KDX is almost on the small side as far as the cockpit . I know about all the ways to change the ergonomics and teak every bike I have had. My question is does the kx125 feel smaller, more cramped than the KDX ( H ) . I am to the point of the intial mock up and I am using an 03 frame. I have a really great running bike with all the mods I have done, 97 rm front forks, showa rear shock , rb mods and eric gorr 225. I am second guessing tearing down a really good bike to build one I may not like.
sarrant

Re: hybrid size

Post by sarrant »

My KX125 is taller and longer in both feel and actual dimension.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

My hybrid is built on an 01 KX125 frame with 01 KX250 forks/shock. It sits higher than my KDX did, and the cockpit feels a lot more open (mostly due to the lack of the KDX couch cushion seat I surmise). While it feels taller than my KDX, it carries its weight low and is actually a bit more agile in feel. The distance from the seat to the pegs is longer which also seems to help open up the cockpit.
ecojbr
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ecojbr »

My 03 feels smaller in the sense the weight is lower, less fall over feeling. As for cockpit, yes, it does have more of a roomy feel. also feels narrower between the legs. As for height, I have none!!!!! So I lower the suspension on all my bikes.
04 kx220 hybrid
03 kx 250
05 kdx 200
skippypinecone
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

hybrid size

Post by skippypinecone »

I had the same concerns while building my 03, you will not be a bit dissatisfied. I am 6-0' tall and feel very comfortable on the bike. I did put an aftermarket top triple clamp on so I could move the bars forward, and a tall seat.