Hybrid on the trails in Charleston SC

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
efi_geek

Hybrid on the trails in Charleston SC

Post by efi_geek »

This is a couple vids of a hybrid I bought then spent same amount on modding it as I purchased it for. I revalved the suspension myself, added Flex Bars (best money ever spent), and a whole list of other things. Still have a few more rides before the kinks are sorted out and I can ride at full speed. Overall it is one of my favorite bikes.

http://gps4sport.com/?a=TrackPlayerServer&i=887
http://gps4sport.com/?a=TrackPlayerServer&i=884

-Tim
“Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.”
"A douche bag of your caliber could cleanse a whales' vagina"
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hybrid on the trails in Charleston SC

Post by KDXGarage »

You were zipping along!!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
De250r

Post by De250r »

Nice. What hybrid combo did u use?

Sent from the back woods of vt via patchy Internet
Live free and ride hard
efi_geek

Post by efi_geek »

De250r wrote:Nice. What hybrid combo did u use?

Live free and ride hard
I bought the bike built and just modded the crap outa it. It is an 01 chassis and an 02 engine. I was the first person to crack a bolt on the engine last night. Felt a tiny vib in it so I took it down to find the lower rod has about 1/2 thou slack. Going to DLC coat the rod, pins (upper and lower), coat a new piston, chamber, power valve and exh port and nickesil the cyl.
“Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.”
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
efi_geek

Post by efi_geek »

Jason wrote:You were zipping along!!
Next video I will turn up the heat some. I was moving about 50% of normal/race pace.

So far I love the bike. I have a few other bikes and this one is by far the most fun. Like riding a BMX with an engine. I need a good line on a steering stabilizer, any hints? I am just now getting the suspension dialed in better. I revalved it myself and it's pretty darn close first ride. I have to get the front wheel to feel like it has more weight on it for the sandy corners we have here.
De250r

Post by De250r »

I just picked up an 05 250f roller to put an air cooled kdx motor in first and then maybe down the road a lc. Pretty siked. U re valves yourself. How was that?

Live free and ride hard
efi_geek

Post by efi_geek »

De250r wrote:I just picked up an 05 250f roller to put an air cooled kdx motor in first and then maybe down the road a lc. Pretty siked. U re valves yourself. How was that?

Live free and ride hard
I revalved the forks and shock. It's not rocket science, just takes some understanding of how things work from looking at it and reading. I'm willing to help others with what I have learned.

Why an air cooled engine?

-Tim