Mountian GOAT

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
JTSDAD

Re: Mountian GOAT

Post by JTSDAD »

Okay here a few pics.
If you look at the KDX motor as I got it you will see the head stay to the front.

Now in this picture you can see the new KX head with the rear stay on it and how it alligns pretty good in the new frame.

Also using the KX head it oriented the water outlet lower and towards the front and that means that it cleared my IMS oversized gas tank. The factory 2003 hoses will fit perfect and the top hose wil only require the elbow cut off where it meets the head.
tlevta
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tlevta »

JTSDAD wrote:
Here is a pic of the one that I used the KDX suspension on.
I've got a '93 lower triple w/stem on the way. Who makes those frame protectors on this bike?
JTSDAD

Post by JTSDAD »

They are Devol frame protectors. I will look to see if I can find those bushings for the swingarm this weekend if you still want them.
tlevta
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tlevta »

Yes, please.
JTSDAD

Post by JTSDAD »

Hello everyone I have made it back. For some reason my password wouldn't work and it would not reset. Any way I have some updates on my build. I had not worked on it much until last October. I have finished it and modified it a few times. It turned out to be a great bike. I will post some pictures of the build later.
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Mountian GOAT

Post by Dekon »

Can't wait to see pics.
snopro753
Supporting Member

Post by snopro753 »

JTSDAD wrote:Hello everyone I have made it back. For some reason my password wouldn't work and it would not reset. Any way I have some updates on my build. I had not worked on it much until last October. I have finished it and modified it a few times. It turned out to be a great bike. I will post some pictures of the build later.
Interested to see those pics and more details of the changes.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk