My Hybrid sold follow up story.......

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
THill

My Hybrid sold follow up story.......

Post by THill »

Well I sold my # 1 Hybrid a few weeks to a guy that lives about 30 minutes away from me...Said he had a 05 220 to put into it that already had all the goodstuff done to the motor, RB carb & head......
Well it turns out that the KDX 220 was his wifes and she is the new and VERY HAPPY owner of my ole #1....I got to meet her the other night and she said she loves the way it handles plus the lighter weight and was able to take turns alot better... Her husband is going to soften up the suspension just abit for her but other than that shes ready to riding and can't wait to show it off, ( and i think show some others up ).....Hopefully I can get her husband to get some pic's up of her riding it soon....
#2 , 03 220 HYBRID..
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Yea I know......

I talked to him last night and am just SICK that I didn't buy your roller.

Time just wasn't right for me I guess but, I plan on seeing that bike in person soon and claiming dibs if he ever decides to sell it :cool:
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

We are on our way to higland park in ga right now and she is pumped to ride it. I had the valving and springs set up for her weight and set the sag last night. I'll give you guys a ride report when we get back...thanks to THill for a sweet roller and the support he has provided in helping me get it ready to ride.
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

I hope you foul a plug :cool:

Have a cool ride.....can't wait to see (ride :twisted:) that bike one day.
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
frankenschwinn
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by frankenschwinn »

Loved Highland park on my hybrid...
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

>|<>QBB<
frankenschwinn wrote:Loved Highland park on my hybrid...
Agreed. One of my favorite places to ride.

its usually not that crowded which makes it nice.
THill

Post by THill »

>|<>QBB<
ihatefalling wrote:Yea I know......

I talked to him last night and am just SICK that I didn't buy your roller.

Time just wasn't right for me I guess but, I plan on seeing that bike in person soon and claiming dibs if he ever decides to sell it :cool:
Never can tell, I may have #2 for sale one day.....
If the good Lord is willing, and the creek don't rise i'll have some pic's up soon of it.....Now owner of # 1 seen it..........
#2 , 03 220 HYBRID..
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

I have seen hybrid #2 and it's awesome. We had a great ride at highland park. We just rode on Saturday and worked the mx race on Sunday. My wife loved the hybrid and she is very happy with it. Here is the highlight of the weekend, my 7 year old daughter entered the race on a crf50 and took home the 1st place trophy! I'm so proud of her! The track is a 2.3 mile long MXGP track and it was muddy and super gnarly. Practice was at 9am and it was so muddy that none of the 50's made it all the way around the track. There are a few steep up hills and down hills and the little bikes tires just got clogged with mud and literally wouldn't go. So all but two of the 50cc riders gave up and decided not to race. I left it up to Kelsey whether she would race or not and she said I want to do it. So moto 1 comes up at around noon (track was a little dryer) and kelsey and a boy on a mini adventure 50 line up. She wrecked 3 times getting around the track but got her bike up every time and kept going. The boy on the ktm was in a different age group, so she was really racing by herself. When she was coming across the finish line at moto 1, I looked over at one of the guys that put on the race and he had tears streaming down his face (I did to). He gave me a high 5 and said thats the coolest thing I've ever seen. They told her that she didnt have to race moto 2 b/c she had already locked in 1st place for her age group. She said, no I'm racing! Moto 2 she made it around the track without any trouble. I dont know who was more excited her or me. I would post a few pics but I'm not sure how.
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

Here are a few pics for you guys
THill

Post by THill »

Man that is so cool....Big time congrats for her and you !
#2 , 03 220 HYBRID..
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

:supz:
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

Ha....that's pretty good. Look at that smile and those caked up tires :lol:
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

That my friends, is why I like to work the kids portion of our club race every year! Seeing the determination and the smiles when they are done are worth all the work!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
4vman1

Post by 4vman1 »

A memory she'll smile upon her whole life. Being a moto mom or dad is cool too. Tell her Congrats on #1 of many I'm sure.
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

thanks guys, ill share your comments with her.