Anything negative to say about the RB mods?

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
strongARM

Anything negative to say about the RB mods?

Post by strongARM »

Anything anyone has to say as a negative regarding getting the RB mods done? I'm thinking to go for the head and carb this winter and was wondering if anyone had negative experience (not with RB but with the mods and their bike).

Only reason I ask is that I'd hate to turn an easy starting, never bogging machine into one that is either tough to start, or bogs etc. HOWEVER, I want more response throughout the powerband... so I gotta hop up further.

RB was nice enough to answer some questions I had re getting the mods done (which shows that the guy cares enough to answer a dolt's questions--- ), just wanted to see if anyone had a rough time after the mods.

thx peeps-

05 220
FMF Gnarly
Airbox Lid Gonesky
Racetech respring front/back
Boyesen RAD/Reed (this winter)
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

i think I can speak for most of the RB owner (if not all), the only negative parts about the RB mods is: you'll want to ride EVEN MORE.
I mean really that's all I can think of.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

All gains... no negatives.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
ihatefalling
Supporting Member

Post by ihatefalling »

My only negative is you have to pay for it :)
2005 KDX 220
R&B Carb Mod
R&B Head Mod
Fork Swap - 99 KX125 Valved for B woods plush
FMF Gnarley
Airbox Mod
Tagged
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I only have the head done so far. No negatives there. Bike is snappier everywhere. Hope to get the carb done when I can.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
ihatefalling wrote:My only negative is you have to pay for it :)
But not much, for what you get
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

>|<>QBB<
With a money order.
Money orders, what a quaint PITA.
2004 KDX 200.. Coupla mods
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
2007 Hayabusa.. Street Madness
KDX4ID
Supporting Member

Post by KDX4ID »

>|<>QBB<
OLHILLBILLY wrote:>|<>QBB<
With a money order.
Money orders, what a quaint PITA.
I love the money order thing... that way "the man" doesn't know what your up to!

I'm a cash and carry kinda guy.

BTW, it's a freakin' bargain!
CURRENT FLEET
2008 KTM 990 Adventure...Alaska here I come!
2010 KTM 300 XCW... stop me before I buy again!
2005 KDX220... single track sweetie
2007 KTM 450 EXC... my baby
2008 KTM Superduke... Canyon Carver
1996 Honda 650L... GONE but not forgotten
http://www.friendsoftruckeetrails.org
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|QBB|QBB<[/url]
With a money order.
Money orders, what a quaint PITA.[/quote]

Yeah I imagine you probably had to go out in the back yard and dig up some mason jars and then drive on into town...

Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass if "the man" (or anybody else) knows what I'm up to. The only time I use cash anymore is for the pop machine at work.
Guess I've become a slave of modern technology. A true Paypal addict. :lol:

Ah, I'll still deal with him, have a top clamp spacer on order now. Just have to jump through a few more hoops to get it.
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Yeah, if he accepted credit cards/Paypal then his prices would go up and then people would complain about that. I don't mind doing the money orders at all if the pricing stays low and we continue to get the excellent services he offers.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

>|<>QBB<
SS109 wrote:Yeah, if he accepted credit cards/Paypal then his prices would go up and then people would complain about that. I don't mind doing the money orders at all if the pricing stays low and we continue to get the excellent services he offers.
I totally agree.

It gets old dealing with companies that don't know how to treat customers or don't care how they treat customers. Even though a MO is an inconvenience, I'd gladly pay that way more often if I got good prices, great products/service and fast turn around.
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

I really can't see how having a Paypal account would drive the price of things up all that much. Credit cards, yeah, maybe a few %. Jeez, Inda even takes 5 different cards here on the site. :roll:
And customer service is going to be what it is, no matter how the company takes it's payment.
And there's the customer security factor. If I hadn't read all the good reviews for him here (don't really hear anything of him anywhere else), I wouldn't dream of sending what is basically unsecured $$ to an internet site the other side of the country.
I realize he does good work, and I plan on having him do my carb and head mods.. but it's still kind of an unusual, primitive, way to do business today.
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
KDX4ID
Supporting Member

Post by KDX4ID »

>|QBB|QBB|QBB<[/url]
With a money order.
Money orders, what a quaint PITA.[/quote]

Yeah I imagine you probably had to go out in the back yard and dig up some mason jars and then drive on into town...

Image[/quote]

Jed Clampette had a banker (Mr. Drysdale). But I'd bet he paid for his shotgun shells in cash!
CURRENT FLEET
OLHILLBILLY
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by OLHILLBILLY »

Hmm, must be a nostalgia thing. Money orders bringing back fond memories of youth, like AM radio and 8 track tapes.
Ah well, even for me it's not that big of a deal. More like a strange inconvienence. I only have to deal with it one more time to do my carb and head work, so it'll all be good in the end.
This thread has been pretty amusing though, kinda equals out the extra effort the MO presents. :wink:
When I send my stuff to him, I'll be sure and tell him about the staunch support he gets from you all and this site. :grin:
2009 KX250F.. Track Star
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It is not hard for me to understand that a money order can not be charaged back, or have a fee for the payee. As good as cash with all the bennies. :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDX4ID
Supporting Member

Post by KDX4ID »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:It is not hard for me to understand that a money order can not be charaged back, or have a fee for the payee. As good as cash with all the bennies. :wink:
You got it... :wink:
CURRENT FLEET
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by zomby woof »

I run a similar business, and paypal is making a small fortune off me.

It's gotten so expensive, that I will no longer accept USD$. They hit me when I make it, and they nail me (conversion fees - you can't withdraw USD outside the US, even though I have a US account) when I try to withdraw it. Sometimes it adds up to almost 10%.

Try keeping your prices good, and margins right when somebody automatically skims 10% off your gross, then you get a jerkoff customer saying you never shipped his $500 order, even though you have proof he's received it.

It's an even bigger pain in the ass for me to deal with RB, but I'll still probably send some parts in this winter.
Ontario, Canada
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You have to ship it anyway... If you take it to the post office... BAM! They just happen to sell the best Money Order you can buy!

If you ship it UPS, FedEX or any other carrier... on your way, you probably pass a supermarket, convienence store or a mirad of other places that sell a Money Order.

I just don't see the problem other than to have something to complain about. In the grand scheme of things... it is a non-issue.

Besides that... If you send both the head and carb in... you only have to do it once! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****