which will give more performance?

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
Budget_89KDX

which will give more performance?

Post by Budget_89KDX »

I'm considering the RB mod and will eventually do it reguardless but I've got some extra money this week and am considering the rb mod or vforce3's.now I have the vf3s in my yamaha blaster and they're bad ass.so which is more bang for the buck right now?both are 150 and that's about what I'm wanting spend and when I do the rb mod I plan to do head and carb mods.so which one?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

def RB mods. Throw some boyesen #607's in for cheap if you need reeds now.
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

So the rb mods are a bigger boost in performance than vf3 reeds?I have the boysens now you suggested.
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by David_L6 »

Having the head worked by Ron is the first thing that should be done to any two stroke motorcycle motor IMO. (Suspension is the first thing to do to any motorcycle. Modifying the motor takes a back seat to suspension as far as I concerned.)

I haven't had a motorcycle carb worked by Ron yet (I have had him do 9 boat motors carbs though) but I'd say that is the second thing that should be done if you can't afford to do the head and carb at the same time. (Actually, getting the jetting correct comes ahead of modifying the carb, but I don't consider jetting modifying any more than I consider making sure the top end is in good condition modifying....)

V Force or Boyesen Rad valve or some other such reed cage is way down the list.

Get the squish band and compression ratio set up first.
2000 KDX200 / 2002 CR250 / 2003 CR250 / 2008 TT-R230 / 2011 Brute Force 750 / 2012 Brute Force 750 EPS
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

Good to know.I didn't know this guy reworked the parts that much.for 150 didn't know how much he really did.I've done some searching and see he's doing something that has everyone here raving about his work.I guess ill be boxing up my head and carb and sending them to be RB'ed thanks.