I'm in trouble and it's all YOUR fault!

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

I'm in trouble and it's all YOUR fault!

Post by quailchaser »

All this talk about the RB mod has got me hooked. :mrgreen: I'll be riding this weekend and then pulling the head and carb off to ship to Mr. Black. A little pump gas head mod and Carb mod (with the RB finger a/s). :cool: I've got my wife convinced that the bike really needs this...but how am I going to convince her that the KX forks are necessary too? :?

I would like to add that Ron has done an exeptional job in the customer service department. I emailed him about the total cost for what I wanted and received a response within hours. I emailed him again way after hours...as I forgot to ask him something. I got an email fully answering my question that same night. I look forward to dealing with Ron on this project and hopefully several more. :grin:

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
Rod Smith
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rod Smith »

On the KX forks let me tell you what always works for me. Add the word safety in there someplace. For example I bought a FMF Gnarly "Safety" Pipe for my KDX. She says oh no problem on anything that makes it safer! Works every time.

I had my carb and head done before I found this website and I think Ron did an awesome job. I left the carb and head lying on the table for a couple of days just looking at it because it was so well done. You will really love the change when you get them on. Worth every penny.
2000 KDX 220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Robb... The safety angle should work. Tell her that the fork underhang catches rocks and throws you over the handlebars like a canapult! (puts that image in her head) :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
PhilJensen

Post by PhilJensen »

Indawoods wrote: Tell her that the fork underhang catches rocks and throws you over the handlebars like a canapult! (puts that image in her head) :lol:
And that doesn't even need to be made up - damned fork underhang :evil:

Phil
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I'm not sure what Mr. Black puts in his carbs these days...but you might consider getting a DEK from him as a safety valve (an extra). If you happen to lose or bend your one needle you might be stranded in the woods for DAYS!

I know of a guy last weekend that got flipped over his bars on a rutted downhill. He's a surgeon..could have really messed up his hands (and thus his life!). Now...HE was riding a CR250 (USD forks), so think how badly YOU could have been hurt if YOU had been riding WITH him!!

I shudder at the thought! You have to get your bike modified with a set of USD forks.

That's a logical progression of reason, isn't it?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

yeah, the bike is less likely to flip over since the forks are already USD.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:lol: :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

CM, that's simply ingenious logic! "Already USD"! After the Scotts which was justified by claiming it was absolutely necessary for safety, this will be a cinch to justify using your reasoning.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

I have to agree with bradf...CM--that's truely a most profound statement of logic. :prayer: However, my wife is too smart for that. :wink: The safety angle should work well though.

Looks like I'll have to wait until next month for the Carby and head work. I Damaged two tires on the van this weekend, and our other vehicle needs some work too! :mad: Atleast I can still afford to ride! :mrgreen:

Later
Robb
Robb
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Looks like we are going on vacation at the end of July. We'll be gone for almost 2 weeks...Should be a good time to ship RB my head and carb (and money order). I really mulled over CC's comments on getting a new modded air stryker. But in the end, I decided to save the difference in cost and look at getting a -30 pipe to play with. Currently I'm running the PC Plat II. Should be fun!

Later
Robb
Robb
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

You will love the rev pipe, its the only thing to run in the desert...

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Wait till she says "A bigger Diamond Ring is needed" for Safety (Making sure other Apes like us knows she's married) :lol:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr