silencer questions

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
jbowens2401

silencer questions

Post by jbowens2401 »

What do you guys think about running the stock silencer? I currently have a rev pipe with the stock silencer, air box lid removed, and boysen 607 reeds. My head and carb are with Mr. Black as we speak. I found this information on his website "This carb mod works best with the air box lid removed, after market pipe and silencer, and some inexpensive Boyesen 607 reeds." I've heard from some that a silencer adds a little power, and I've heard from others that it does not. What do you guys thinks? Do I need an aftermarket silencer to get the most out of my bike?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I can't tell any difference... I say save your money and leave the stock silencer.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jbowens2401

Post by jbowens2401 »

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but when I saw the information on RB's website it made me wonder a little bit.
up2L8

Post by up2L8 »

+1, stock spark arrestor is fine.
chopper_guy
Supporting Member

Post by chopper_guy »

I have a 200 with the RB head and carb mod, rev pipe, 607s and no airbox lid. I run the stock silencer without complaint. Nice to have a low maintainance silencer. Keep it. You'll be happy with the combination.
Budget_89KDX

Post by Budget_89KDX »

I replaced mine with factory 304 stainless pro circuit silencer and I like it.I kinda had to replace mine the factory silencer kinda fell apart.but if you end up replacing it check into a pro circuit I think they sound better than the fmf's I've heard which is why I chose it.