The hole on the jet block where the float pin goes

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
kevfort19

The hole on the jet block where the float pin goes

Post by kevfort19 »

Hi everybody, i send my head and carb to RB last week, and he has reveived the parts yesterday. He tcheck the carb and saw that the hole on the jet block where the float pin goes was a little to worn...

somebody have an idea to fix that.... me i thing that if we can find a pin with a little bigger diameter , this will compensate de worn of the hole. And for the alluminium thing attached to the float, where the pin pass through we can pry it a little bit just to be able to pass the new pin.... i don'T know if it is good because the carb is in the hand of Ron... he try to find a idea

If somebody have other idea... Please give me..i'm a little desesperate ... i live in canada(QC) and if ron don'T do the job it will cost me a 100$ to have nothing .. it's realy boring:(

FOr the moment LetS go ROn! :D
KDX 220 2001 =)

Don'T drink and drive...just give some gas and fly :D
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Sounds like a non-issue to me. Like you said, you can find a slightly larger pin. I have one bike in the garage with a PWK which currently has a section cut from a small precision screwdriver shaft as the pin. Works fine. Just let him do his thing on the carb and send it back to you to deal with the float mount. I'm sure you can come up with something.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I'm sure if Rob sent it back there is more to it than that. If the friggin float pin bosses are worn out, what else is worn out in the carb? Throttle shafts, etc? You should be able to ebay a good 200/220 carb for under $50. If you find a 36mm PWK in good condition I'll give swap you a known good KDX carb for it.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

If you'll read, ron still has the carb. The OP's concern is covering the cost of shipping there and back for nothing, and then shipping another carb there and back.

I'm sure Ron would let him know if there were other problems, hopefully the OP would relay those to us as well.

The carb right now is in the hands of the best possible person for you to get advice from. If he says it's too worn out for him to mod then it's too worn out. If he can do the work on it and the only outstanding issue is the pin carriers, don't worry about it.
kevfort19

Post by kevfort19 »

It's the only thing that is worn out, and he send me a message this morning saying that he have an idea:D:D:D:D ... he said that is enough worn to do some small bushing to put in the hole so he work on this today .

i really hope this will work..
KDX 220 2001 =)

Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

It's in good hands, do not worry. If it can be made to work Ron can do it!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

OOPS, me red wrong.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
kevfort19

Post by kevfort19 »

Yeahhh the carb is repair!!!
ROn send me some picture its a really good job
KDX 220 2001 =)

RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

The float tower repair went very well and think it should work just fine. I made two brass bushings and installed them into the worn out holes.

I would post pic's of the repair, but I do not know how to do it (I have tried).

Ron
kevfort19

Post by kevfort19 »

Hahaha i tried to put your pics to but i failed..lol
KDX 220 2001 =)