fussy carb

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
ethanfoster

fussy carb

Post by ethanfoster »

I have my 1995 kdx for a few months now and it's a wonderful bike but the carb is so fussy. I've been to this sandtrack twice and after I go someting get's in the carb and holds the floats so there alwaysheld open making the bike poor gas out to the drain tubes. i've been to the track twice and everytime the ride after I find my bike pooring gas out the drain tubes so i take it apart did the same repair. Then today I was riding and it was idling way to fast so i pulled it and put it back on and it was. Would a carberater rebuild end these problems?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Adjusting the float to 17mm should fix it. And there should be nothing getting in your carb but gas and air through a clean, oiled, air filter.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
ethanfoster

Post by ethanfoster »

will this fix my carb problems?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I believe so... but I don't have the carb in my hand to look at it.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
ethanfoster

Post by ethanfoster »

do you have any ideas why it was idling way to fast?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Allot of things can cause that... dirt in the carb... a sticking throttle cable... improper jetting for the temp and elevation...

I had a plugged pilot jet that caused it on a bike once.... no adjustment would cure it.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

ethanfoster

Post by ethanfoster »

it wasn't like just a little over the right speed it was like 5/8 throttle it was idling like
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That is a fuel flow problem...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

ethanfoster

Post by ethanfoster »

so if that was problem how would i fix that?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I would take the jets out... clean them well... carb cleaner and a guitar string run through them a few times. Check to make sure that the fuel is flowing well from the tank and that the fuel line is not kinked.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****