Jetting a stock KDX

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.

Do you run a jetted or modified carb?

yes, jetted
50%
yes, bored
18%
No, rock on stock jets!!!
32%

Total votes: 22

threestroke

Jetting a stock KDX

Post by threestroke »

I have an 05 KDX 200 which i just purchased and love to death. I use the bike for desert riding in Vegas area (tight 1st/2nd gear riding to wide open 4th 5th whoops) and absolutely love it so far. The bike is bone stock. Bone stock. I was attracted to the bike because of its lightness and tractability and how many different cool mods are out there.

I plan to take off the airbox lid to get some more breathing (though I do like having a low maintenance air filter). I am also planning on getting boyesen power reeds, gnarly pipe and muffler. Once I do a top end I would polish the head as well (nothing to righteous).

My question is what would you guys recommend for jetting (bike runs great right now)? I am always looking for low and mid range power. Should I just go with a richer main when I remove the lid and richen the fuel mixture screw?

I am putting together a big fat parts list and am looking at $400 some odd bucks (skid plates, chain, sprockets, shark fin, radiator brace, and graphics). I guess I am looking to see what I should do with my jetting in the near and near future.

Sorry for the long post, but I know with carbs, the more info the better. Thanks in advance and look forward to the KDX community.

cheers
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

No one can tell you what you should jet your bike at. There are allot of factors that come into play. You need to pour yourself some coffee and take the time to read and comprehend everything that is in this link....

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1156
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
threestroke

Post by threestroke »

Thanks, thats a good post you wrote. I guess I was just looking for advice so i didnt waste money. Here's a different question that probably belongs elsewhere. But what is compression supposed to be on a KDX?
The object of life is not to cross the finish line safely, but to slide across sideways, battered and bleeding,
bike smoking and leaking, screaming "YEEHAWWW, Lets do it again!"