Wow, I'm impressed.

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Wow, I'm impressed.

Post by jc7622 »

I shipped my head the week before last. It arrived at RB on Friday the 10th. I noticed on their website that they were going to be closed the 13th through the 16th so I assumed that I was out of luck and would be without my bike for an extra week. Bummer.

Lo and behold the head arrived today. I didn't expect it for another week. They must have worked on it Friday or on the weekend. It looks awesome. As soon as my cylinder gets back I will be able to see how it runs.

Awesome.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

no one beat rb's services :supz: :supz:
And wait till you try it ... you'll wonder WHY yuo never did it before :partyman:
got the carb too?
jc7622
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jc7622 »

Not yet on the carb. I had to also re-plate the cylinder and buy a new piston, gaskets, front brake pads, brake rotor and a few other small items. No money left for the carb this time. I decided to go ahead with the head since the top end was already apart. I can't wait to try it.

There is a Draper night ride this Saturday from dusk till 11:00 PM. I'm not sure if I will make it or not. The wife already has something planned that evening. It sounds fun though.

We are going to be building some trails out on our land east of Edmond. When we get it done I will invite you out for a ride (you too Dirt Kid). We will also be hitting Draper a lot more this fall and winter since the racing season is over (finally). What days do you usually ride Draper? I think you told me once you like to go Saturday mornings.
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

you will love the carb mod when you get it. the head is nice too.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I got the carb mod first and it was inspiring... but then I got the head mod and that was icing on the cake!

All the dependability of the KDX but adds a new hybrid feel to it. Like someone pulled a cork on something and opened it up.

Very nice....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Night ride sounds like fun but I removed all my elecrtical :roll:
Could go with the DRZ but it might be a bit sketchy on slicks (that and the fact it's twice as heavy as the kdx)
We are going to be building some trails out on our land east of Edmond. When we get it done I will invite you out for a ride (you too Dirt Kid). We will also be hitting Draper a lot more this fall and winter since the racing season is over (finally). What days do you usually ride Draper? I think you told me once you like to go Saturday mornings.
awsome :supz: (wish I had land :roll: ) I'll defenithly take your offer, wanna try a hybrid and see what the fuss is all about :busted:
You're right, I ride on saturday morning only since Sunday is officially my "HUNGOVER RECOVERY DAY" :lol:
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Inda, is yours the pump gas head....and if so any overrev detonation issues? Starting to wonder these days if this alky cut gas isn't a touch better when it comes to detonation....Despite running crappier elsewhere, and having a tendency to take on h2o.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yep... pump gas...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

I had the head cut for race fuel and had no detonation and a GREAT
improvement,,,,,, HOWEVER,,,,,,,,,,, my local source changed their
fuel from torco 110 to renagade 110 and the renagade was garbage.
Engine missfire loss of power. I put the stock head back on and it still
ran like crap until I burned out the renegade.
I refuse to pay 70 bucks for 5 gallons of VP so I left the stock head on it.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Just a side note on the comment on the Renegade . . . I've used the 110 and the 112 and the kdx220 w/ race-gas head ran fine . . . perhaps your dealer had some issues? Still, that shouldn't happen.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!