RB mods on. Huge props to Ron!

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
firffighter
Supporting Member

RB mods on. Huge props to Ron!

Post by firffighter »

Picked up the carb and head today from Ron (he received it Saturday and had it done Monday morning)! Great guy and amazing quality in his workmanship. This is my second go around with RB'd KDX's and his work is second to none.

I put the carb and head on this afternoon and she fired right up. Now, this is the bike that someone should have been making all along! It tractors like my old XR400, but twist that throttle and it will rip like my old KTM 200's. Oh the fun that will be had with this bike.

Before I even put the carb on I moved the needle to the #4 position (CEK) and turned the screw out to 2 1/2. Seems just about right. My 220 has the Pro Circuit Platinum pipe, 607 reeds and airbox lid removed.

My initial impression is CEK all the way. I am 210 lbs., so maybe with my fat lard on their I need the extra zip. Seems to be the best of both worlds: crisp throttle response throughout, lots of low end grunt, and a nice mid hit and on the pipe you go.

I would rank this bike over my 2 KTM's in power delivery any day of the week. Way more low end, and enough zip to loft the front end whenever you want.

Anyway, much appreciation to Ron Black. Cant wait to smoke some orange at the Monkeybutt in a couple of weeks.
'
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Welcome to the world of "so THAT'S what a 220 can be" !!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!