RB Carb and jetting

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
ebeck

RB Carb and jetting

Post by ebeck »

With the RB carb and PC pipe, would one expect the the bike to be leaner than with stock carb and stock pipe assuming jets stayed the same??
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Usually with an RB carb mod, you will need to go 2-3 jet sizes smaller. That is my experience anyway.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Jet sizes went UP with my 220. Difference between mine and Inda's is the 220 gets a bigger change with the carb bore.

Ron provided jetting for my 220 that worked well for the conditions I stated (cool weather in the spring). The 150 was fine then but I switched to a 148 as the summer came along, chopped plug looked really good then.

Stock main on the 220 is a 145 I believe, folks who change the jetting for the better end up with 138-142.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

148/42 is what I think I am running with the RB treatment and she runs CRISP!.... with the stock carb on my 200 was jetted at 152/48 I think when it was jetted lean.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
ebeck

Post by ebeck »

KDX200. I was using 152/40 with stock pipe, and it was rich. I'll drop to 38/150 with PC pipe and RB mods. Probably closer with that. Right?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yes... watch that pilot though....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
ebeck wrote:KDX200. I was using 152/40 with stock pipe, and it was rich. I'll drop to 38/150 with PC pipe and RB mods. Probably closer with that. Right?
Oops, I was thinkin' you had the 220 . . . :oops:
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!