R&B Head w/o Carb Mods

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
Dewey
Supporting Member

R&B Head w/o Carb Mods

Post by Dewey »

I finally got to really try out my R&B pump gas head last week (Thanks Jeb).
Configuration is 02 -220 with 607 reeds, Gnarly gold woods pipe, 13/49 gearing, stock carb.

I quickly noticed more pull on the low end, quicker throttle response, but the top end is what really made me grin. It has to be pulling out at least another 1000 RPMs on top. This thing pulls like a tractor (except faster) all the way through the RPM range now . It took my 16 year old about 15 minutes before he hit 3rd gear and looped it out on flat ground. He wasn't hurt (except pride) and I was wanting an MX rear fender anyway. I am amazed at how much an improvement it is for a little money. If ya can't get both, go ahead and get the head. I can't wait to get the carb mods.
Dewey
02 -KDX220
TopperHarley
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by TopperHarley »

IMO, the RB air screw is well worth it. I have one on my airstryker and my RB modded carb. You can tweak it on the fly with some practice on a smooth trail or just reach down when at a stop.(a bit safer and more accurate). The finger screw encourages you to play with the mixture more and that what you need to do to find the SSS and to keep it once you have found it. No more fumbleing in your tool pack for the little screwdriver.
If you run into Heidi, have her look me up in her little black book and give me a call.
Im feelin a little wild today.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GATEWAY2-STROKE
2005 KDX220 mine
2003 KDX220 mine(under construction)
1998 KDX220 1/2 Brother-in-laws, soon his own