Quick carb question

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Quick carb question

Post by KDXer »

Going campin in the morning and thought I'd try the DEK in my Airstriker. I'm running 152/40/CEK-3/A/S 1 turn out. Would I need to change jet set for this needle swap ?? General consensus is DEK on clip 4 is it not ?? I'll be trying to get the SSS sorted with the DEK to see how I like that. Cheers all...

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I have the exact set-up in my 220 but is is not an AS, it's a modded stock. I switch from CEK-4 to DEK-4 a lot dependin on where I'm riddin. The SSS remains virtually the same and if I do touch it, it is cuz of temp change only.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

You're already gone? I don't know what 'morning' is and WHAT morning you be talkin' about.

Anyway..if your main is right with the CEK, it will be right with the DEK.

Changing between the two (DEK-CEK) is fun. It's been awhile since I ran the CEK..I should stick it in for awhile.

Re: 'The SSS remains virtually the same and if I do touch it, it is cuz of temp change only.'

Me, too.

KayD...I missed somewheres that you weren't running on the SSS. I'm surprised at that.
Jedi Master Yoda wrote:Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.
Crikey! How long have you had this carb? And you don't have that sorted out, yet?

What's your excuse?

Never mind...I really don't want to hear it.

Do it. You will know when it's right. There is no :hmm: about it..it will be plain as day when it's 'on'.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

his excuse better include beer, or the need to partake of beer, or the mass consumption of beer in some way. I can see no other reasons to put off the SSS
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I am quite sure any excuse would certainly include those... and NO excuse would include 'em too!!

Probably ANY day he gets up before breakfast fits that list.

AND any night he didn't go to bed at all (so he wouldn't have to get up to eat breakfast) would fit, too. He's been known to keep some pretty weird hours.

...it's the bein' upside down part....agin.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!