Fixen to send my carby

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Fixen to send my carby

Post by tim »

This is really for Ron. I have been to your web site and would like to know if you can tell me how I let you know what it is exactly I want? Or can we just talk back and forth through here If India don't mind. And also do I send the money with the carb. or the carb first then the doe?

Thanks,
Tim
06 200H

GALLERY!
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

tim,

What is it exactly you want? I think my web site tells all about the mod and what it will do for you. I can taylor it to your needs and wants. The carb mod is highly tuneable for most all conditions and riding styles.

Just let me know what you are looking for....., and yes your payment needs to be sent with the carb.

Ron
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Here's roughly the info I gave Ron for him to tune my Airstriker for my conditions.

Riding style (weekend hack / racer / etc)
Approx elevation range
Approx temperature range
Approx humidity range
Type of bike 200 / 220

I think thats about all. Don't forget to take off all the hoses, give it a good clean and don't forget to send your slide along too.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

I guess what I want to know is I will only be running pump gas. Are there different things you do for different fuels and mix ratios, I know you rejet But I don't know how to tell you what you need to know to do that.
06 200H

GALLERY!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I think the head mod has more to do with fuel choice than the carb, could be wrong though. The above info was all I gave to Ron and I haven't needed to touch a jet since installing it. :wink:

Here's what my conditions are like for eg...

Riding style = weekend hack no racing, just trails.
Approx elevation range = 0-700ft above sea level
Approx temperature range = 25-35°C
Approx humidity range = average 70% upto 95%
Type of bike 200 / 220 = 98 200

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

This is done already?

KayD's got it. What you will get back jet-wise depends on what you tell Ron you're riding in, environment-wise.

DO note the 'clean' and 'no hoses' part. I guarantee Ron has gotten plenty of flithy, crud encrusted carbs. I have NO idea why ANYone would send a filthy carb in to be worked on...but I'm sure it happens.

Oh...take into account the knurled idle screw upgrade AND the stainless allen-head bowl screws.

Those piece prices are on his website, too.

Have fun!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

ran into a snag had to put tires on my car( some fool cut in front of me and at 70 when you lock them up it makes it feel like a log wagon and makes all the mirrors useless because they vibrate to much ) there went the money for the car mods for a few months
06 200H

GALLERY!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:T
Oh...take into account the knurled idle screw upgrade
Idle screw? :?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
tim wrote:ran into a snag had to put tires on my car( some fool cut in front of me and at 70 when you lock them up it makes it feel like a log wagon and makes all the mirrors useless because they vibrate to much ) there went the money for the car mods for a few months
That's just your anti-lock brakes...mine does it too... brand new tires and brakes... go ahead and get your mods!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

the rear locked up and flat spotted had to replace them
06 200H

GALLERY!