220 Head mod only question

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

As stated on my web site:
This modification is a great enhancer to all of your performance up grades and will give you an additional boost.

I mill the surface and re-cut the squish band. This gives the 200"s more bottom end torque and a snappier rev.

The 220's get a big benefit too, as they are low in the compression department. This will give a better pull through the mid-range and helps with top-end power.

All of these mods are designed so you can still use premium pump gas. On request, I can give you even more compression for the serious engine builder. This will give more power and you will need to use race fuel.
Head milling is more than just raising compression, it's a way to help your engine breath, burn more of the fuel mixture and help cool. All of this will give you better snap, rev and torque with great reliability.

The squish band is a very important part of head mods and this is where I spend a lot of time. Just getting the proper squish band without going overboard on the compression will give great results. "HORSE POWER" and "RELIABILITY".

Most of my mods are suited for premium pump gas, I also do them for race fuel as well.
Thank you,
Ron
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

In my not so humble opinion, no 220 should be without Ron's head mod. And yes, it is worth having the bike down (even a month) to get it done before the winter.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Sometimes I wish I could find a stock 2000+ 220R that I could compare my modded bike to.

It would be really cool to dyno them side by side.

Something tells me that's already been done.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R