Ron's carb mods ROCK!! KDX 200

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
Bailey28

Ron's carb mods ROCK!! KDX 200

Post by Bailey28 »

Got the carb back from RB, and installed it. He set it up with a CEK clip 3,, 40 pilot and 152 main a/s out 7/8ths.

WOW!!

This bike rips now!! no bogs, hesitation, four-stroking, anything! Pulls hard right from the very bottom, hits hard down low and revs like crazy.

I just rode it around the little track I have in the yard, 1st, 2nd and some of 3rd gear. Temps here are hot 95 degrees, and i normally don't ride when it is this hot so I didn't attempt to mess with the a/s at all or find the SSS. It seemed a tick rich when decel off throttle, slight pop in exaust once or twice, nothing major.

Big difference over what I had before. Awesome machine work, turn around time, and service. Ron gets an A+++++
FAZ
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Yep the RB mods rock! Play with the CEK in the #4 position and work on finding the SSS...its worth it! :supz:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Definitely find the SSS. Then when you can, try a DEK.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Bailey28

yaaa...

Post by Bailey28 »

I have a DEK laying around, I will try it when I get back to the riding areas this fall.

I posted a few months ago about sending the head in but I read that the head mod is really for the 220's and for those who ride at high altitude. Owning a 200 at sea level it didn't seem like the mod was going to do that much for me. I will wait until I have to do a top end job, then maybe send in the head.

From what I've read here, I will try to get the SSS at 2 1/2 out to start with.

Another interesting point, I once tried to tune a bike that was mechanically perfect but ran rich for no reason. Well the reason it ran rich was that I dried the foam air filter with a hair dryer on HOT and the foam melted from pore form to solid goo form inside, I didn't see it happen. Tried everything, then finally bought a new filter and solved the problem! It was like breathing through your couch.
FAZ
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I have the head mod and own the 200. It is worth the measly pittance what Ron charges.

I have a lot better lowend now.... I could run a smaller rear sprocket now with no worries.

Try it... you'll like it! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

How could you say NO to this ?!?!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

Thanks, you all made me feel guilty i didn't send it in..... :roll:
FAZ
SteveWR450f

Post by SteveWR450f »

Ok, I am a newbie but who is this mythical Ron person and what does he charge for the carb mod?

I was thinking of sending it to Jeff F.

Thanks for your help,

Steve
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

SteveWR450f
check his website:
http://www.rb-designs.com/
worth it