RB questions in general!

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

At $234, Ron's head and carb mod is the next best bang for the buck out there after your pipe! That includes his new air screw and hex bowl bolts plus shipping back to you. Not that I have first hand experience with the mods but I have read enough to know that ... that many positive reviews an no negatives means it's a must! I do IT support and I do a damn good job at it (IMHO), but I know you can't please everyone all the time. Somehow Ron has beaten the odds.

Keep up the good work Ron! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

He uses hex bowl bolts? I thought he used allens. Either way, beats the poopy phillips-puddin' head things the carb comes with.

What is it support? ..and besides, seems more fitting to say 'support it', don't ...it?

When is your carb due back, Inda? It's a pleasure to just look at the work Ron does. It's pretty.

Well, yeah...it works good too. But it IS pretty!! ;)

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

It's a pleasure to just look at the work Ron does. It's pretty.

Yeah I had mine on my night stand first couple nights, so I could wake up, turn on the lights an admire it once in awhile
:mrgreen:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

IT= Information Technology (Everything is an acronym in my profession!)

I meant Allens... DUH! :rolleyes:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
karbon_dunn

Post by karbon_dunn »

Being in the same profession (Communications Engineer), I thought IT meant 'Idiot Tutoring' or at least that is the way I feel if I get stuck doing user support for the day... :partyman:

At least now I know another techie here that I can ask question on when I try to integrate a WAP on my KDX so I can check my hotmail through a converted SportVue MC1. Maybe I can take my PDA and integrate that so when my bike breaks down in the middle of no where I can come to woodsrider.net and play asteroids!!! I would just have to figure out how to engineer my kill switch to toggle over to a joystick.... :supz:
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Ron,

Another Carb Mod question for you. Have you done the carb mod on any of the larger Airstryker's (38mm)? Do they respond to the carb mod the same way that the smaller PWK and Airstryker's do?

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
RBD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RBD »

m0rie,

Yes, I have done many 38 mm PWK Air Striker and non Air Striker carbs. They respond very well with the divider plate only to bore / divider plate / slide mod.

Ron