I Cant't wait!!

Questions and Answers about the best carb and Head mods available for the KDX.
Bailey28

I Cant't wait!!

Post by Bailey28 »

Another few weeks or slightly more, and I will have the time and money to send out the head and the carb off of my 200 to Ron. Can't wait until fall to rip around with the new mods!! I bought a new head gasket and have a gallon of pre-mixed coolant ready to go! :supz: :rolleyes:
Last edited by Bailey28 on 09:23 pm Jul 03 2006, edited 1 time in total.
FAZ
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

You're going to wonder how you got by with them before. Don't forget to add the finger adjustable air screw when you do it. It really helps those trail side adjustments to get the most out of the carby.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

And the allen bolts for the fuel bowl....

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

Getting closer!!

I have everything I need now, except the CASH! Gotta send the right amount or else!

Let see,

Head mod for the 200
Carb mod
2 extra Carb vent lines
pilot screw extension

tick..................................................................tock..................................
FAZ
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Ron is putting in the 4-vent mod to your OEM PWK?

That will be interesting. I don't recall a rider write-up on that modification. I had no idea Ron DID that until he said, 'Yes and 'tis verily true, I do.'

Well, he said something like that........... :neutral:

Your list doesn't list the allen head SS screws.........get them!

You DON'T have to send the 'right amount or else.' You just won't get what you don't pay for!! :wink:

BTW..you're not sending the #6TV to be cut....right?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

I may get the extra allen screws for the 4 bucks. I haven't sent the stuff off yet, I will be breaking the parts down in a few days, before the mosquitos get bad. I'll have Ron install the 4 vent system, it's that much closer to the air stryker. I just wont have the pretty air foils on the bell. ( I'm surprised Power noww has not come up with this yet.)

CC, no, after comparing the #6 you sent and the #7, it appears that I cut mine to a 6.5 or real close to a 7. It isn't that bad. I wouldn't have sent yours anyway, it is not mine to let Ron cut on it! :blink:

Still, the bike ran better with the #6, and now that I am not riding, I can send it back if you want. Thanks again for letting me try it.
FAZ
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

You're welcome to it for as long as you want to use it.

With a 'new' carb and a 'new' slide maybe you have no use for it, in which case please do send it back.

I didn't find the correct size fastener with a 'decent' allen head locally. I ended up with button head screws. TOO SMALL a wrench. Considering what Ron charges for 'em, it's not worth spending the time and fuel to go across the street to buy 'em someplace else.

Personally, I've had my fill of using vise grip tools and a hacksaw to get the crummy OEM pan head screws out. Easily worth the cost.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!